Line of sight tool for Batmn - Yours feedbacks

Hello,
an "Alpha" version of the tool is already online on the (french) site at the moment you read these lines!

Link to Line of sight tool.

A specific subject for each language (one in the French part of the site and another one in the English part) has been opened and we invite you to send us your feedback here.

Warning: we will close this Alpha version on the same hour on Monday to continue working on the rest of the week. The goal of the operation is to make it operational by the end of next week and online for everyone. 👷

Love it.

1) Any possibility to make this an app. Much easier to have a phone or ipad at the table than a computer.

2) It would be great if the LOS showed when areas get an elevation bonus, perhaps by coloring those applicable areas with a different color.

3) Is there a way to include elevations in this as well and make it an all-in-one interactive map tool, negating the need for the back-of-the-rulebook maps. I would use that ALWAYS.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SentMa said:

The tool, like the TO site, is responsive.

I find an app easier, but I did open the page on my iPad and you're correct, so it could work.

On the subway map, sometimes I'll get an LoS line that's red. What does that indicate?

Thanks for this tool!  I feel it will solve most of the LoS issues I have had in games.  The only exception being the funhouse where so many tiles may affect the LoS differences. 

I know this is still being tweaked but I would very much like an app version of this to use offline eventually.

on the Subway map in the lower right corner just above the room, the area has what appears to be a wall which is holding up a pile of rubble (which the pile of rubble seems to be a separate area because it has it's own LoS marker).  So if that's a wall, why does the line of sight marker for the area with the wall indicate I could see areas straight above/North of it?  Wouldn't those LoS markers be blocked by the wall that's holding up the rubble?  

Edit: didn't think about screen prints like others did, so here's a better explanation.  (A) is the wall in question and if it's a wall, then those areas above/North of it which have an (X) beside the LoS markers should not line of sight.  Same is for the other way around for those areas (they shouldn't see past the wall into that area either.

image.thumb.png.c13e69b2342b5c3b04504efe0d16cbf4.png

Edited by Chad B

1) Batcave, Batboat section, corridor  north of the left most cell should have LoS two areas to the right

2) Subway, left compartment of the big subway car (the very center of the map), should probably have LOS two areas north (D to E in the picture)

3) not sure about this one: subway, top row, third from the left has LOS to the area south of the escalator (LoS goes SW) although it crosses a wall (A to B). However the area on the leftmost column, second from below (between the gun and batman in to sink a city) does NOT have LoS to the same area (C to B). They both cross a wall in a similar way

3541FF13-7726-4EE1-ABFE-7FEE438293B7.jpeg

Edited by GrandKhan44

Hi! The LoS locations such as this one do not work, because they're crossing an area of elevation equal to the higher one. In fact I think these are the only locations in the game like this (that and the one questionable location on the right in ACE Chemicals that is currently a red line, it's vindicating to see I'm not the only one confused by that). There are a couple spots in the Trophy Room and Boat Room for the batcave that have this issue: 7mgpKVy.png

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 8:10 AM, Ralf Rollan said:

Hopefully they’ll make it available as an app for IOS 

Have you tried it on your iPhone / iPad, it works really really well. Once the page is loaded you don’t even need a network connection anymore so you can use it your Batcave if somehow you forgot to install WiFi there.

• Like 1

Every time someone is using this tool, they are trying to perform or defend against a ranged attack.  Therefore, adding something to indicate when the attacker has the elevation bonus would be useful.  If i have to pull out the LOS tool, I don't also want to have to pull out the rulebook.  I understand if that is difficult to implement so you can't.  The tool, overall, is easy to use and seems to work well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AuthenticBatman said:

On the bank map, is the staircase in the top left a separate square?  It has a separate occupation limit.  If it is a square, what does it have line of sight to?

It's a separate zone. But it has no center and no orange lines. So there are no line of sight with this spot

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 3:59 AM, Pamplerousse said:

Hello everybody,

A new update for the LoS tool.

It should please the ones who want elevation bonus

Hi there.
Well, I like the addition, thanks! But I really feel it should show the "climb/fall/jump" levels as well. I mean, I still haven't played my copy yet, but I do intend to play it tomorrow, and I would really love to find an image of the maps with these difficult levels so I could print it so I wouldn't need to go to the back of the scenario book all the time. 

This tool would be perfect for it though. Better than finding an image and printing it. ^^

I wasn't aware of this thread and originally posted my question here:

I copy-paste the content here:

I have detected some "issues" (for now only on the Subway map).

Please see screenshot below with the red lines I included, that I think they should have Line of Sight. The questions are:

pK1yztOxk0KpMFCopm6fWprRp2Bgr3jhxc5skHa4

1) If there's LOS between Z and the area between the 2 wagons, why there's no LOS between Z-D?. LOS is not interrupted by the wall on Z (only by a millimetre, but it is not interrupted), and the two markers see each other.

2) There is LOS between Z and B/C but not to A. How so? If I didn't have the tool I would not have resolved it this way.

Is it possible that the tool has some errors on this map/board? I would appreciate if the developers of the tool could double-check.

If there are no mistakes, then could someone kindly explain why my red lines do not have LOS?

Thank you very much.

The discussion was originally posted here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/32477079#32477079

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 3:13 AM, Carquinyoli said:

I wasn't aware of this thread and originally posted my question here:

I copy-paste the content here:

I have detected some "issues" (for now only on the Subway map).

Please see screenshot below with the red lines I included, that I think they should have Line of Sight. The questions are:

pK1yztOxk0KpMFCopm6fWprRp2Bgr3jhxc5skHa4

1) If there's LOS between Z and the area between the 2 wagons, why there's no LOS between Z-D?. LOS is not interrupted by the wall on Z (only by a millimetre, but it is not interrupted), and the two markers see each other.

2) There is LOS between Z and B/C but not to A. How so? If I didn't have the tool I would not have resolved it this way.

Is it possible that the tool has some errors on this map/board? I would appreciate if the developers of the tool could double-check.

If there are no mistakes, then could someone kindly explain why my red lines do not have LOS?

Thank you very much.

The discussion was originally posted here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/32477079#32477079

Looks like thre is no one cheching here that can answer the above.... it does seem like the app is wrong in this situation.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Johnnymaxx said:

Looks like thre is no one cheching here that can answer the above.... it does seem like the app is wrong in this situation.

Thanks Johnnymaxx, sadly it seems so...

And this should be the official thread for feedback.

Well, let's better think they are on summer vacation 😉

Edited by Carquinyoli