Escape from Atlantis

Not Quite Dead

Hi there!

When I was a kid, I used to play to Escape from Atlantis, a boardgame quite straightforward in which you have to escape the sinking continent with your Atlanteans, while you send sea monsters, gigantic octopuses and sharks at your friends' characters. It looked exactly like this:

pic90413.jpg

Some times ago, I managed to stumble into a different version from this game, whose component are, generally speaking, far better looking. This version looks like this:

pic221428.jpg

Today, I painted the first two minis of this game. It didn't took too long and, for a scale so small, I'm quite happy with the result.

large.20200103.JPG.4e6b6ff1215cbf8b7e3fb2ecb6f63e98.JPGlarge.20200103a.JPG.254c897279bd8e75622c8820a859b640.JPG

Their attitude is slightly weird (especially the guy), but I love those vintage minis. If everything goes according to my plans, it should be our next painting project for the whole family. If I fail to convince them... oh boy, that means a lot of job to do!

Edited by Not Quite Dead
spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How topical. I'm reading "The Shadow of Vesuvius". The first thing Pliny the Elder did when he saw the eruption in the distance is immediately order the navy to drive straight into it because he wanted a closer look. Folks were rushing his boat wanting out of there, and he was hand waving them off.  He headed on to visit friends and take a nap as it rained pumice from the sky. He planned to hike in closer when the fumes finally overcame him.

• Haha 1

That guy was really something else!

It sounds like a miracle that there is a Pliny the Young!

Speaking about careless characters from the Antiquity, I was precisely reading something today about the way Pyrrho, the first sceptic used to live. That guy wouldn't have said there was an eruption ongoing, even neck deep in lava.

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Le 20/12/2022 à 17:31, mediocreman a dit :

Wow, looks great! I just bought a copy with painting in mind. Would really like to see more if you continued painting this set?

Thanks a bunch!

I haven't painted since summer. I want to, but I don't have enough fuel at the end of the day. When I manage to get back at it, I'll post what I've painted here.

I'd love to see your work on this too, by the way. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 11:16 AM, Not Quite Dead said:

Thanks a bunch!

I haven't painted since summer. I want to, but I don't have enough fuel at the end of the day. When I manage to get back at it, I'll post what I've painted here.

I'd love to see your work on this too, by the way. :wink:

I have been a bit out of fuel aswell, only started cleaning the minis up but got stuck on the bases for the female figures. Need to buy som plasticard but havent got around to it. Will post if I make any progress! 

• Like 1