Chronicles of Vengeance (Solo/co-op Campaign)

Ken

8 hours ago, zombocom said:

Any chance you've got individual files for the cards and tiles? I'd like to set them up for A4 printing. 

I will be uploading high res hero sheets and the new Overlord tile, but I don't think I will update the boon cards.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zombocom said:

I've taken a crack at cleaning up the artwork on the cover, in case you don't have a higher resolution version. This is the Lulu cover with bleed etc added.

I've got a new high res version of the cover to go along with the updated book.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ken said:

Here's an advance copy of the high res appendix files. I did not include Shubba because there is an official version of Shubba and I don't want to have two versions floating around. I am also not including the Winged Ape for this reason.

CONAN_Chronicles_of_Vengeance_Appendix_FINAL.pdf 8.43 MB · 1 download

Excellent, and once again, just after I printed it 😝

• 2 weeks later...

Just played The Black Witch, and unless I've missed something, I think it's pretty easy to win on turn 1?

Summoner starts with the Swamp Demon, which he moves to destroy the Ethereal Wall.

Summon the Blackbird Horde, which has 8 movement, just enough to fly to the end zone and destroy the other Ethereal Wall.

Then as there is line of sight from the starting zone to the Grey Man Ape's zone, everyone just throws everything at ranged attacks, getting him down to 1 health and winning the scenario.

Have I made a mistake anywhere?

1 hour ago, Ken said:

@zombocom Good strategy on this one. I might have to fix this trick for the revised edition. Glad I didn't post it yet! How have the other scenarios been? Fun? Challenging? Cant wait to hear how the rest play out.

Yeah, something like a line-of-sight blocking barricade would make it impossible to pull off.

I've been really enjoying the campaign so far, and the Summoner is great fun.

Can I Play With Madness felt very balanced, a great challenge and I loved the respawn mechanic.

Blackbird and Beheaded were fun, but felt a bit easy to me, which may just be due to getting lucky finding the required items early. Blackbird felt more of a challenge, with a better time pressure, whereas Beheaded largely felt like there wasn't much pressure, I could just take my time to take everything out before taking on the Forest Demon. Felt like it needed a reinforcement mechanic to keep me on my toes. 

Haven't played the last two scenarios yet, I'll let you know my thoughts once I have. 

Edited by zombocom
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
47 minutes ago, Sir Kelsag said:

Are you still in the process of making a Lulu ready updated version of this @Ken ?
I'm about to order some hardcover Conan campaigns from them, and it would be great to add this as well.

@Sir Kelsag Yes, there is a special edition in the works with revised scenarios (possibly some new ones) and a few other extras, but it will be a while before it is released. There are a few projects ahead of it in the queue. 

• 4 months later...