Chronicles of Vengeance (Solo/co-op Campaign)

Ken

Chronicles-of-Vengeance-Cover.thumb.jpg.91ff3e9591ad0dc7dbf149474f2925ca.jpg

Chronicles of Vengeance

"Know, oh Prince, that in the early days of Conan's reign as King in Aquilonia, deep ran the inevitable streams of offense. Real or imagined, in all corners of the kingdom, sulked those whose pride, fortune or self was wounded in one manner or another by the Cimmerian's meteoric ascent to power."

These scenarios are meant to be played as a campaign where the players accumulate equipment, spells, and other elements. It follows the solo/cooperative rules laid out in the Monolith Source Book published by Modiphius Entertainment for rules such as Overlord activations, hero targeting, Overlord re-rolls, and allowed skills. Please note that the Campaign rules for Chronicles of Vengeance differ from the Monolith Source Book campaign, The Lost Scrawlings of Skelos.

This campaign requires the Conan Core game as well as the following expansions:

• King’s Pledge
  • Stygia
  • Khitai
  • Nordheim
  • Forbidden Places and Pits of Horror (Modiphius tiles)
  • Perilous Ruins and Forgotten Cities (Modiphius tiles)

Chronicles of Vengeance introduces a new archetype: the Summoner. Summoners are Sorcerers who turned to the darker arts. In addition to the standard Sorcerer options, Chronicles of Vengeance offers new printable character sheets in an appendix for Summoners, as well as for playable Demons. 

Summoners-Collection.thumb.png.571d5f0c55a1f978e7321f4a91c144ce.png Demons-Collection.thumb.png.1b6720d802f9b77849425e09c10b9760.png

Chronicles of Vengeance was written by the Nemedian Chroniclers, a group of fans dedicated to making high quality Conan scenarios. If you enjoy playing these scenarios, please leave a comment letting us know, or feel free to share tales and photos of your adventures.

Download Chronicles of Vengeance Print Version

Chronicles of Vengeance Print.pdf

Download Chronicles of Vengeance Web Version

Chronicles of Vengeance Web.pdf

Download Chronicles of Vengeance Appendix Print Version (Letter - US)

Chronicles of Vengeance Appendix.pdf

Edited by Ken
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

As one of the testers of this campaign I can attest to its quality, but also its difficulty. This campaign shows that Matt's solo rules are not juts a simplified version of the Conan Adventure mode but can be used to create an immersive and complicated story. I highly recommend this but do be aware that I also recommend you be experienced at playing the standard Conan game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ken said:

No, there is no French version. 

If I have time to translate, are you OK if I give you the french version for french player can download and play ?

It's your work, I respect, so I give nothing without you are ok.

I don't know if you can understand what I write, very sorry lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xiaolong said:

If I have time to translate, are you OK if I give you the french version for french player can download and play ?

It's your work, I respect, so I give nothing without you are ok.

I don't know if you can understand what I write, very sorry lol

Absolutely, that would be great!

For our last campaign, Whispers from Stygia, someone with the username Chips on the French forum translated. You might want to reach out to him for help/advice. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm just discovering all the gems hidden on this board, thanks to the KS.

This is just fantastic work. It's well written (both lore and rules), with a professional layout, and some gameplay twists that look really promising (can't wait to test summoners!). I would have definitely paid for this - so a big thank you for your passion and the time you invested writing and testing it.

Plus, it's an extra motivation to paint the miniatures used in the campaign 😉

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Eventually there will be a Lulu version, but it will be a while. The difficulty is that there is a lot of custom print stuff besides the booklet (hero sheets and cards). I want everything to be professional quality. I found a Lulu-style printer for the cards, but not for the hero sheets. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, zombocom said:

Ok, I've taken things into my own hands and made my own unofficial lulu files (for the book, not the cards/hero sheets), including adding a custom bleed to the covers.

Happy to share if @Ken is ok with it?

@zombocom I actually created a Lulu version that uses the new solo/coop formatting. There were some serious formatting changes that I believe will make it easier to play and a fancy new Beheading chart. The booklet is in the proofreading process now.

I still haven't found  a production quality solution for the appendix files. If you have any ideas on that front, let me know.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@zombocom That looks awesome! Did you have to add pages to get it printed as a hardback? Can you show interior pics?

The revised version I am working on has updated layout to match the new Tome of Skelos and a few clarifications, but otherwise is the same content.

• Like 1

@Ken Lulu automatically added a couple of blank pages at the back. It's pretty thin, but works. The main work was adding manually adding bleed to the cover artwork with a clone brush, and adding in the spine. 

The cover could really do with a higher resolution version of that artwork though, and it's got quite a lot of jpg artifacts.

20220516_094427.jpg

20220516_094454.jpg

20220516_094444.jpg

20220516_094513.jpg

• Like 1