Hunting the Tigress (Solo/CoOp)

• 6 months later...

Belit should at least have the ornamental shield.

I played my first game. Overlord turn: Bossonian archers shoot. 5 shots that I tried to parry with all the gems at my disposal (6), number of total wounds 9. Game over.

Maybe with the shield ...

Or maybe with Sacrifice... Let me try...

Edit.

After the first game.

Okay, the feeling after the first game is that the scenario is balanced. The Heroes killed Zaporavo in their third turn, while Skuthus had turned into a demon (it should be specified in the scenario's rules that when he transforms himself, he is in fact considered dead or otherwise the victory conditions for the Heroes setup better).

D'

Edited by pensareadaltro

• 2 weeks later...

My weekly game group is now an online RPG group due to COVID. My wife really disliked me cackling as the overlord and has refused to play it. I managed to talk her into a solo game of this. It was fun. It convinced my wife to give the game another try and playing on the same team for her was good. She really liked that I had all my miniatures painted. I noticed how much I've improved over time and was overcome with an urge to touch my earlier ones up, but managed to resist.

The scenario itself is interesting. The ranged fire is deadly and must be dealt with asap. If the heroes kill too many pirates early, then the odds of ranged fire happening again are enough to put them in serious danger. So with the overlord opening the turn maker moves from zero to 1. The first solo draw was Zaporavo. By the solo rules he tries to take the path of least resistance. I didn't know what this was when a jump with water that takes two is involved. I moved him to position for a difficulty 1 jump. The second solo draw was blue pirates. They rushed in and did what they could. One didn't make the jump. The third tile was a hail of ranged fire. It took out Belits guards and left her with a wound.

Whew. We now have some space to breath and the only immediate threat is the red pirates. Conan moves in and takes out the two that could threaten his beloved Belit. Valeria decided to mop up the rest of the nearby pirates and dispatched them in a flurry of swordsman ship. Belit moved and opened two chests granting her leather armor and a life potion, a very lucky draw! Conan decides to go after the archers and spends to jump over hoping someone would pick on him next turn.

Now, the turn marker moves to 2. The text is awkward in the scenario. I interpreted it as "When the turn marker moves onto 3 at the start of the overlords turn, Skulthus becomes the dark demon". So I didn't replace him at this point. Because the red pirates were turned over, they moved to the end of the river and their number removed. Now Skulthus activates. He moves towards Belit but doesn't have enough to jump so he stays at the side of the boat and drains Conan some energy. Then the archers activate again due to the river shift. Oh crap! Belit takes 2 more wounds and loses another guard. A pirate group moves in and attacks. Belit is most of her energy in defense. I think Valeria takes a wound. Belit uses the life potion.

The heroes take their turn. Conan can no longer stand these archers hurting Belit and he spends every remaining energy cube to take them out. Valeria moves on Skulthus and takes him out expending most of her energy. Belit cleans up some pirates in her area.

The turn marker moves to 3. The Dark Demon would have been a difficult opponent at this point, so Valeria's move was a wise one. Zaporavo activates, as well each of the last two pirates. Zaporavo leaves Belit with 3 more wounds.

The heroes take their turn. Conan can do little without a full rest. Valeria and Belit threw in their all both got incredible rolls and managed to take out Zaporavo. It could easily have gone another round, and Valeria would have probably fallen. If Zaporavo could have gotten 3 turns at this point he probably would take out Belit as well.

Questions:

1) What is the difficulty of a jump? (It costs two move)

2) How does jumping affect the solo "least resistance" rule?

3) If we eliminated everyone but Zaporavo would he activate 3 times in the Overlord solo rules?

hunting_the_tigress.jpg

belit_and_guards.jpg

Edited by garbetsp
  • Like 3