Whispers From Stygia Solo/Coop Playtest

Ken

Whispers from Stygia Playtesting Request

Here is the solo/coop version of Whispers from Stygia for playtesting. Anyone is welcome to download and playtest.

Deadline

I ask that all feedback be submitted by November 18.

Requirements:

- Stygia
- Khitai
- Nordheim
- Yogah of Yag
- Crossbowmen
- Kushite Witch Hunters

- Wolves (optional)

Download WIP version here

CONAN_Whispers_From_Stygia_WIP_Web.pdf

Submitting Scenario Feedback

I created an online survey for each scenario, so submitting feedback should be easy. Here are the links to each survey. I have also included the links to the survey pages in the PDF.

Scenario 1: The Time for Flight is Nigh

Scenario 2: Fight or Flight

Scenario 3: An Unfortunate Interruption

Scenario 4: The Fate of Yag-Kosha

Scenario 5: Dreams of Atali

Scenario 6: The Streets of Khemi

Scenario 7: The Trap

Submitting Campaign Feedback

This booklet contains campaign and board rules in addition to specific scenarios. If you have feedback for any non-campaign related issues, or specific questions about scenarios that are not covered in the scenario surveys, feel free to ask them in this past. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by Ken
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Seaorgrudy said:

I'll play one this Friday night. 

Only one I don't have is crossbowmen. And even on EBAY at $80 they are rare and expensive. So I'll play the ones that don't use that figure.  On that note any good proxy crossbowmen that you have heard about? 

You can replace the Crossbowmen with Bossonian Archers. Not quite the same, but close enough. You will have to proxy a couple of archers in The Trap, but no big worries. 

Just finished playing the time for flight is nigh. Took us 2 hours to set up and play. 

We ended up losing. The main mistake was only realizing that Hadrathus had an exertion limit of 2 on his movement after it was too late. He ended up on the last floor 1 space away from the door when the 7th turn was over. 

Otherwise very well planned and thought out opening to the campaign. Scenario design gives the impression of escaping the tower due to initial positioning of characters, the indomitable demon and the constant reinforcement of assassin's coming in through the windows. 

I would say this scenario definitely works for co-op. I applaud you!

Edited by Seaorgrudy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Freaking epic.

Whole game rocked!!!

Last turn pulled off hadrathus opening a chest and picking up the sorcerers scepter. Ikhmet opens his chest and reveals Toth amons surprise and gets blocked from opening last chest by the scorpion broodmother. 

Hadrathus gets newly acquired scepter and uses it to teleport into room with the last chest. Everything hinges on one orange dice roll of a manipulation. 

WE WIN! 

• Like 3

Played the fate of Yag Kosha. I have a lot to learn about the game here as far as planning. I spread out and I believe that was my downfall. It's a large map from one space to the next. I want the play to be fluid with out too much thinking at the beginning but I do still like to win. It wasn't in the cards this week. 

• Sad 1