Campaign : Sands of Despair

pub_SOD_V3.png.e27857656c2d0d491fd1489eb39d1ef7.png

As promised, here is the Sands of Despair campaign. Finally, I had to do the translation alone, so corrections are certainly to be made, do not hesitate to tell me which ones.

Conan and his companions are mercenaries in the pay of the King of Iranistan. They came to reinforce the ranks of an army tasked to crush the dissident town of Kushaf. For a month, its governor no longer sends any tax or troops to the capital. The king's army is advancing towards its objective, sure of its superiority, advancing at a forced march into the trap.

Contains: 15 scenarios, 3 new game boards, 9 new equipment cards, 6 new unit tiles, This campaign requires the Barbarian pledge, Kithai, Nordheim and Stygia expansions, as well as the Kushite Witch Hunter packs, and the Crossbowmen.

UPDATE :
V3.1.1
fix tiny errors
in scenario 6.
V3.1 fix some errors.
V3 is here, hardbook cover version !
- No extra stuff (maps, tiles, card, tokens) to print.

- Scenario 6 " The kushite smuglers" has been rewritten.
- Some graphical improvements and some text corrections.
- Include some tiles, maps
and models from Conan : the Conqueror.
Enjoy !

sands_of_despair.pdf

sands_of_despair_v2.pdf

sands_of_despair_v2.1.pdf

SOD_magazine_interior_v2.1.pdf

sands_of_despair_v2.2.pdf

SOD_ENG_Lulu_Hard_Cover_470x340_V3.pdf

SOD_interior_v3.1.1.pdf

Edited by Nesh-Shogta
V3.1.1
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

This looks fantastic. I don't have all of the expansions yet, but want to print all the components so I can be ready to go when they arrive. Love the swarms of insects and quicksand.

This may be a stupid request, but can you help me to understand how to print the maps from a normal printer. I've never printed in A3.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fodderzone said:

This may be a stupid request, but can you help me to understand how to print the maps from a normal printer. I've never printed in A3.

A3 is 2xA4 so if you don't have access to an A3 printer, you have to split the page in two, then print & glue.

This can be done via Acrobat (not Reader though), image editors (such as Photoshop), and there are also several online tools (google "split pdf a3 to a4").

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fodderzone said:

This looks fantastic. I don't have all of the expansions yet, but want to print all the components so I can be ready to go when they arrive. Love the swarms of insects and quicksand.

Thank you fodderzone, glad you like it. You should use Easy Poster Printer for print, with this software is easier than acrobat. Another solution is to go to a print shop, they can print in A3 format (is not expensive).

• Like 2

This, Sir, is an outstanding masterpiece! One cannot thank you enough for what you have done for the community.
I assume you have already received a job offer from Monolith as they promoted it big in their update. :)

One question though: what ist the difference between the two versions (except file size)? Is the first version for printing maps etc. and the v2.0 for reading?

Edited by StabbyMcFrag
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2020 at 12:26 PM, StabbyMcFrag said:

Thank you for the clarification @Roolz!
So in terms of best quality I better go with v1.3 and its A3 maps (or why is it that v2 is a third the size?)

Its okay, we can leave the question in its place. Doesn't require an answer. I'll just do it. 🙂

V2 purpose less maps and they are cut in two, but quality and final size are the same. Now players have just to choice between less work less stuff, more work more stuff.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 6:26 AM, Nesh-Shogta said:

In progress.
The book is finished (so much work) and sent to Lulu, this first copy will be checked for corrections before the final files.
(end march or later).

I thought it would be a simple task. But when you are working with perfection I imagine that even small changes can result in instability and potential demonic possession. 

1 hour ago, Seaorgrudy said:

I thought it would be a simple task. But when you are working with perfection I imagine that even small changes can result in instability and potential demonic possession. 

I can assure you, it is NOT a simple task. 🙂 

Edited by Ken
  • Like 3

On 3/11/2021 at 6:45 PM, Seaorgrudy said:

Lulu's curse.

It is not a hard cover, because the prototype is not perfect, Lulu's  template does not work, size and margin are wrong, so the magazine version is cheaper and (I hope) not cut with a sword by a blind pict.

• 5 months later...
On 3/29/2021 at 8:17 PM, Ken said:

Hey Nesh-Shogta, what do you think about this for the cover for a hardback book version? It has to be one page, because the endsheets are Lulu's default white. Also, since the book is thin, the spine is on the cover, but I was under the impression that you wanted it that way.

Sorry Ken, I just see your message (notifications does not work). Your file look great, thx.

• 1 month later...

Nesh-Shogta, Sands of Despair is both an esthetic and imaginative creation of a campaign, impressive in its scope and scale.

I've got some questions about several of the scenarios, that I'd like to PM you about if I may

Best regards and best wishes for continued success,
Barry

• Like 1