Campaign : Sands of Despair

Thanks,

Just tried the new file: lulu_hard_cover_302x427

LuLu will not accept it as a cover for a Hardcover Book.

LuLu will accept it as a Saddlestitched Magazine cover and it appears to be perfectly centered. However it is missing the internal sleeve/page art

For a Hardcover Book it gives this error:

Book Size: Your PDF dimensions are 16.806" x 11.889" (426.86mm x 301.98mm)For the book size you selected, the PDF dimensions need to be within 18.478"-18.603" x 13.377"-13.502". (469.33mm-472.50mm x 339.79mm-342.96mm). Please update your PDF dimensions or select a different book size.

OK, I retested all 6 combinations again to be sure. Here's the breakdown for you

Luu_Hard_Cover_302x427.pdf

Will not work for a Hardcover Book, errors

Will work as a Magazine, just missing interior page art

LuLu_Hard_Cover.pdf

Will not work for a Magazine, errors

Will work as a Hardcover, however it is cut off at the top and off-center so not usable

Front_back_inside_cover_magazine.pdf

Will not work for a Magazine or for a Hardcover, gives errors for each

14 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

OK, I retested all 6 combinations again to be sure. Here's the breakdown for you

Luu_Hard_Cover_302x427.pdf

Will not work for a Hardcover Book, errors

Will work as a Magazine, just missing interior page art

LuLu_Hard_Cover.pdf

Will not work for a Magazine, errors

Will work as a Hardcover, however it is cut off at the top and off-center so not usable

Front_back_inside_cover_magazine.pdf

Will not work for a Magazine or for a Hardcover, gives errors for each

Thanks for the good work. I am a bit lost. I just download the new template, in the french website Conan book would be a cookbook ? I have to read it and make it right.

Hither_Came_Conan_US_Cover

As a Magazine: Gives this error

Book Size: Your PDF dimensions are 18.542" x 13.444" (470.96mm x 341.49mm)For the book size you selected, the PDF dimensions need to be within 16.728"-16.853" x 11.877"-12.002". (424.88mm-428.05mm x 301.69mm-304.86mm). Please update your PDF dimensions or select a different book size.

As a Hardback Book: Previewed just as it should. Looks like it would print just as good as the print copy I had made myself

Whispers_From_Stygia_Hardback_Cover

As a Magazine: Also doesn't work, gives the same error

Book Size: Your PDF dimensions are 18.542" x 13.444" (470.96mm x 341.49mm)For the book size you selected, the PDF dimensions need to be within 16.728"-16.853" x 11.877"-12.002". (424.88mm-428.05mm x 301.69mm-304.86mm). Please update your PDF dimensions or select a different book size.

As a Hardback Book: Also previewed just as it should and also looks like the print copy I own

However, the page numbering of the interior is still off as I mentioned a few comments back

14 hours ago, Nesh-Shogta said:

Thanks for your help, I will make some covers !

Cool, will you be fixing the page numbering too?

pages numbered 5, 6 & 7 in the LuLu file are on the wrong pages as those page numbers print in the inside margin rather than the outside corner like the rest of the book.

Looks like this is because the PDF has 2 additional pages not included in the LuLu file (Pdf page 2 "Check for the latest version before playing" page. And Pdf page 8 "Rules of the new gameboards")

So the LuLu file page count gets thrown off for pages 5, 6 & 7. Could be fixed by adding a single page in front of those... maybe an art splash page before the table of contents page or something? The rest of the book is correct.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 5:37 PM, Nesh-Shogta said:

V3 is coming !
No extra content to print. Including some Conan: The Conqueror stuff.
Special Lulu version, finaly. Thx Metalzoic.

Hello,

Thank you for your hard work in order to make more interesting content for us 🙂 Is my understanding correct that you are working on some refinements in this campaign and we can expect v3 soon? Is there any chance that you tell us when? 🙂

Awesome. I'll put in my Hardcover order right now.

Appreciate you getting it all updated man!

My Conqueror all-in gets delivered tomorrow, so cool timing!

EDIT: Maybe should pull all the old files down so people easily know what is the latest fixed version?

EDIT 2: Ordered!

Edited by Metalzoic

The page numbers seem to start too high.

Just uploaded the v3 book to lulu. I get the following errors:

Images: Your file contains images with resolution less than 200 pixels per inch. Lulu suggests using images with a pixel per inch range of 200-600 for the best results.

Transparency: We detected an element that may be transparent within your file. We strongly recommend flattening or removing any transparencies in your file.

Full Bleed: Please note that a white Bleed margin has been added to your file. The book preview will show how this Bleed margin impacts your file. If you require image content that extends to the trimmed edge of the page, please upload a PDF prepared for Full Bleed.

Edited by SmallRealities

Wow, this new version looks great. That cover is sweet, and I love that nothing needs to be printed. I have no idea when I could find the time to play it, but I am tempted to print it out on Lulu to add to my collection for a rainy day (or week).

(I wouldn't mind having the title on the spine English style instead of French style, however. 🙂 )

1 hour ago, Nesh-Shogta said:

How can I do that ? I can not delete and upload the files in the right order, because  I would lose the indication of the number of downloads.

-Click on the 3 dots icon,  top -right of the post ("Edit post").

-The attachments show in a box under the post.

-Click on the X icon ("remove attachment") on top right of each attachment you want to remove.

Il y a 2 heures, Ken a dit :

Wow, this new version looks great. That cover is sweet, and I love that nothing needs to be printed. I have no idea when I could find the time to play it, but I am tempted to print it out on Lulu to add to my collection for a rainy day (or week).

Thanks you very much, Ken

(I wouldn't mind having the title on the spine English style instead of French style, however. 🙂 )
Done (english spine is better)

il y a une heure, Roolz a dit :

-Click on the 3 dots icon,  top -right of the post ("Edit post").

-The attachments show in a box under the post.

-Click on the X icon ("remove attachment") on top right of each attachment you want to remove.

I do not want delete , I wanna keep the download track.

20 hours ago, SmallRealities said:

The page numbers seem to start too high.

Just uploaded the v3 book to lulu. I get the following errors:

Images: Your file contains images with resolution less than 200 pixels per inch. Lulu suggests using images with a pixel per inch range of 200-600 for the best results.

Transparency: We detected an element that may be transparent within your file. We strongly recommend flattening or removing any transparencies in your file.

Full Bleed: Please note that a white Bleed margin has been added to your file. The book preview will show how this Bleed margin impacts your file. If you require image content that extends to the trimmed edge of the page, please upload a PDF prepared for Full Bleed.

Yeah. Page numbers are still high (page 8 is actually page 4 etc...), but I figured no biggie and ordered a hardcover anyway.

And that error is normal for Conan stuff. Even the official Conan stuff like Hither Came Conan throws that error. I have no idea why the Conan stuff is like that, the transpapency issue drives me nuts as it prints white lines & artifacts around objects that shouldn't actually be printing. Even the official damn book is like that.

I wonder if it's because none of these files are flattened, but still in layers? No idea, but so far I've had Hither Came Conan, Heart of Ahriman, Tales from the North & Whispers from Stygia printed and all of them have that issue in minor degrees

Il y a 15 heures, Metalzoic a dit :

Yeah. Page numbers are still high (page 8 is actually page 4 etc...), but I figured no biggie and ordered a hardcover anyway.

For another book I had put the page number lower, it had been cut 😴

I wonder if it's because none of these files are flattened, but still in layers?
All images have been  flattened.

Thanks for your involvement.

You got yours so quick, I'm jealous. My order has been "in production" for 2 weeks now. I'm excited to get it, especially now since my Conqueror expansion has arrived. Ha!

Just saw that you updated it to 3.1.1 so I put in a request to LuLu to see if I can update before they make mine

Edited by Metalzoic

Lulu France subcontracts with a french printer, which has changed since the first print I ordered a few months ago. The new one is much better, it doesn't reduce 297 to 290mm pages like the old one. I guess that for each country Lulu uses a local subcontractor. The quality and deadlines are therefore different.

• Like 2

Interesting. I contacted LuLu to see if i could update the file to 3.1.1, but they said you only have 1 hour to make any changes to any order, plus mine shipped that same day.

So good news is it's on the way!

But I'm curious what change you made so I can make a note of it in my copy