Solo/Coop campaign : City of Terrors

Arzok

Solo/Coop - 1-3 players – Difficulty: Normal

a1.jpg.a5180bdf2c08cc9d255506c51ea36610.

Batman, Blue Bird, and Spoiler face Jonathan Crane a.k.a Scarecrow. The villain is scheming to engineer a super toxin in order to contaminate Gotham City's water supply!

Hi!

I created a solo/coop campaign for Batman. It is a four Mission campaign, which can also be played independently.

It uses Conan’s solo/coop rules:

http://www.monolithedition.com/download/Conan/Rulebook/ConanTheConqueror_Solo-Rules_WIP-EN.pdf

These rules are really simple, but require scenarios designed for them. Here’s a quick summary:

• Prepare X tokens numbered from 1 to X, with a common backside. X being the number of tiles in the River.

You can use Conan’s numbered tokens (if you own Conan), or any kind of generic numbered tokens, or playing cards:

image.png.f4c49e55d286931f83274af5c6920bd6.pngimage.png.d065e389746315393972b09de37d488d.pngimage.png.e440ba8e911db1e7dcf0c6b6076e43d1.png

• On the Villain’s turn, activate 3 tiles randomly, as follows:

-Draw a numbered token, activate the matching tile in the River and the corresponding miniatures (if there are no miniature associated with the tile, discard the token and draw another one), then set the token aside, face-up.

-Repeat until you have activated 3 tiles (when all tokens are face-up, shuffle them).

Each Villain miniature of the tile will try to attack.

If only one Hero can be attacked, they will be. The miniature will Move to attack, if it has to.

The miniature will act and move along the path of least resistance. It will also try to minimize the penalties (hindering) and maximize the bonus.

Unless otherwise specified in the Mission special rules: If there are several possible targets, choose the Weakest Hero (the one with the fewest Energy cubes in Reserve zone, in case of tie the one with the most cubes in Wounds zone, in case of tie player’s choice). If no Hero can be attacked, the miniature will Move towards the Weakest one.

When specified in the Mission special rules, Boss and/or Elite tiles will typically target the Strongest Hero (the one with the most Energy cubes in Reserve zone, in case of tie the one with the fewest cubes in Wounds zone, etc.).

Missions are translated with the help of @blapo and @Roolz

City of Terrors – Part 1: Evil Encounter

The Heroes must prevent the world's leading experts in toxins, poison and pheromones from teaming up together to concoct a super toxin in an abandoned subway station.

Mission 1, translated version 3 (27/01/2021) :

Solo_Coop_Evil_Encounter_v3.pdf

City of Terrors – Part 2: Factory Smoke

The Heroes will have to stop the production of the toxin which Scarecrow was able to develop anyway (remote meetings, duh…).

Second mission,  translated (05/05/2021).

Solo_Coop_factory_smoke_v1.pdf

City of Terrors – Part 3: Deadly Waters

Scarecrow, taking advantage of the fact that the Heroes were busy stopping the plant’s fumes, had two truckloads of the product moved out. His men are unloading the drums on Crime Alley, to contaminate the city's water supply.

Solo_Coop_deadly waters v1.pdf

City of Terrors – Part 4: The Formula

While the Heroes' intervention averted a city-wide catastrophe, Scarecrow still managed to contaminate some areas of Gotham. The best response is to recover the antidote to the toxin, which Scarecrow's henchmen have been using. But the Court of Owls, realizing the financial and strategic value of possessing the antidote, has made a deal with Scarecrow, and the formula is now safe in one of the Owls’ crooked banks. The Heroes will have to recover it the hard way...

Fourth mission translated (15/10/2021 not reviewed).

Solo_Coop_the_formula_v7.pdf

Enjoy!

Edited by Arzok
  • I'm Batman! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 11:36 AM, blapo said:

Is it possible you to translate the scenarios? I would be very ver happy !

Hi Blapo.

Sorry for the delay.

I can translate them, but I need some help for that. I don't want to deliver something in bad english. So if you are ready to read what I translate, and validate it, I will do that.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 4:55 PM, Arzok said:

Hi Blapo.

Sorry for the delay.

I can translate them, but I need some help for that. I don't want to deliver something in bad english. So if you are ready to read what I translate, and validate it, I will do that.

Cheers

I sent u a message 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • Arzok changed the title to Solo/Coop campaign : City of Terrors