2019 KS - will base game and SG Box be identical to current?

Dimhalo

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone from Monolith can confirm that when the re print comes around that the core box will be identical to the current/original? Im wondering if there will be;

• Updated sculpts (same but re worked so some are better/more detailed)
  • Updated rules/scenario balance (again?!)
  • Book of Set available - included as part of the pledge

In general....is this a straight up re print with new bits or is it being 'refined' some more?

Not many things are clear right now, since it seems like Conan is really early in development. I mean, you still can vote what expansions you want to be included and a lot may change before KS. However, as far as I know it is not a reprint. More like Conan second edition.

From what I gathered and remember, we can assume:

• New expansions - Obviously, since there is vote for them in the forums
  • New rules for Overlord vs Overlord - it was mentioned that 2019 Conan will have same Overlord vs Overlord system as Batman
  • Revamped rules - Rules for Batman are basically same as for Conan but with few tweaks to fit them better in Batman setting and with few improvements for base system. Improvements will be implemented in new Conan as far as I know.

That is all that is known for now. If someone can add something to this list - it would be great.

Personally I think that there will be:

• New core box with two books of Skelos
  • New expansions
  • New SG
  • Old core box as add-on, possibly with Kings pledge box
  • Old expansion as add-on
  • Upgrade Kit for old core box as add-on - only if changes in rules will need upgraded components to be implemented in old core box.
  • No old SG

That would be most sensible from business side of things. People who already have Conan will buy the game and not loose anything (loose, as in: double the content of current edition), and new people will get full KS experience and possibility to buy old stuff.

As for old SG, I assume that they will be absent, since Monolith said very clear that they will be available only during original KS, as a reward for original backers who believed and funded the game. If they appear it would be as a re sculpt (highly unlikely, since a lot of community already have most of them) or as add-on.

Personally I hope that there will be less Conans in Conan :laugh:

Edited by Iesthir
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Iesthir said:

Not many things are clear right now, since it seems like Conan is really early in development. I mean, you still can vote what expansions you want to be included and a lot may change before KS. However, as far as I know it is not a reprint. More like Conan second edition.

From what I gathered and remember, we can assume:

• New expansions - Obviously, since there is vote for them in the forums
  • New rules for Overlord vs Overlord - it was mentioned that 2019 Conan will have same Overlord vs Overlord system as Batman
  • Revamped rules - Rules for Batman are basically same as for Conan but with few tweaks to fit them better in Batman setting and with few improvements for base system. Improvements will be implemented in new Conan as far as I know.

That is all that is known for now. If someone can add something to this list - it would be great.

Personally I think that there will be:

• New core box with two books of Skelos
  • New expansions
  • New SG
  • Old core box as add-on, possibly with Kings pledge box
  • Old expansion as add-on
  • Upgrade Kit for old core box as add-on - only if changes in rules will need upgraded components to be implemented in old core box.
  • No old SG

That would be most sensible from business side of things. People who already have Conan will buy the game and not loose anything (loose, as in: double the content of current edition), and new people will get full KS experience and possibility to buy old stuff.

As for old SG, I assume that they will be absent, since Monolith said very clear that they will be available only during original KS, as a reward for original backers who believed and funded the game. If they appear it would be as a re sculpt (highly unlikely, since a lot of community already have most of them) or as add-on.

Personally I hope that there will be less Conans in Conan :laugh:

I think you are probably right-on with this speculation. For my part, I think we are pretty close to having Conan minis in all of his career phases, but not quite there yet. We still need young Conan as a penniless thief (cloth loincloth and sandals, NOT fur bikini), Conan as a corsair (full-on buccaneer pirate gear), and Conan as a desert raider (think Lawrence of Arabia)...

• Thanks 1