Campaign : Sands of Despair

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our hardcover arrived! 

Reading through the first couple of missions, I have a few questions. Apologies that there are so many. Feedback would be highly appreciated! 😊

Scenario 2: I assume all non-scorpion units are undead, and killing the warlock is also required to win. 

The murderous rock doesn't really activate the warlock I suppose, (getting movement, casting spells, attacking) and this is more for flavor explaining how the rock is rolling?

The rolling rock/damage starts at 1 zone away from the warlock? (Not zone 0) 

Quicksands: if read literally, when targeted at a hero's zone during the overlord turn, the hero needs to spend already 3 extra movement points during his turn. I assume only the heroes turns count for this, and the first hero turn would only be 2 extra. 

Mission 3 - all clear

Mission 4: 

Kerim Shah and his guards attack the Picts and not the heroes I suppose? 

Until this point, all heroes still have their starting equipment. Only Balthus thus keeps wearing his breastplate, and all other weapons are given to the guards/chests.

Counting the weight of all weapons, they have an encumbrance value of exactly 10. Thus what is the point of the 10 encumbrance limit of the chest?

Escape: I assume the second manipulation roll also has a difficulty of 1. 

Weapons of the guards: (3 life points, difficulty 2) does this mean kerim Shah has 3 life points, and, without the key, the chest has a manipulation difficulty of 2. I assume that the key makes it so that this chest becomes a simple manipulation. 

What is the interaction between the Lockpick of Belit and this chest? 

I believe that the first player opening the chest can choose one weapon, and all the other ones would go into the zone where they can be picked up with a simple manipulation. 

Spoiler

16816448125905721346832312915473.jpg

Edited by Thorg

Nesh-Shogta has not logged for a while so I'll try to answer, since I helped proofreading the 1st French version. It was a long time ago (almost 3 years) so take my answers with a grain of salt (at the end of the day, use your best judgement 🙂 ).

On 4/16/2023 at 2:08 PM, Thorg said:

Scenario 2: I assume all non-scorpion units are undead, and killing the warlock is also required to win. 

Almost. Aesir and Vanir are undead, Scorpions and Warlock are not. Heroes have to kill the Warlock as well.

The murderous rock doesn't really activate the warlock I suppose, (getting movement, casting spells, attacking) and this is more for flavor explaining how the rock is rolling?

Yes, I think so. Overlord just chooses the target/path and rolls for damage.

The rolling rock/damage starts at 1 zone away from the warlock? (Not zone 0) 

Yes. The mention of the warlock's area is just to help determining the rock's path, damage starts 1 area away.

Quicksands: if read literally, when targeted at a hero's zone during the overlord turn, the hero needs to spend already 3 extra movement points during his turn. I assume only the heroes turns count for this, and the first hero turn would only be 2 extra. 

Yes. Quicksand effects start on next Heroes' turn (as soon as the Hero tries to move).

Mission 4: 

Kerim Shah and his guards attack the Picts and not the heroes I suppose? 

Yes.

When all the picts & Thak are dead, Kerim & the Guards will attack the Heroes.

Though, you might rule ("hard mode") that the OL gets full control of Kerim & Guards as soon as all Heroes are free.

Until this point, all heroes still have their starting equipment. Only Balthus thus keeps wearing his breastplate, and all other weapons are given to the guards/chests.

Counting the weight of all weapons, they have an encumbrance value of exactly 10. Thus what is the point of the 10 encumbrance limit of the chest?

I believe it comes from an early draft of this campaign. Seems useless here, indeed.

Escape: I assume the second manipulation roll also has a difficulty of 1. 

Yes. Same as the 1st Complex Manipulation.

Weapons of the guards: (3 life points, difficulty 2) does this mean kerim Shah has 3 life points, and, without the key, the chest has a manipulation difficulty of 2. I assume that the key makes it so that this chest becomes a simple manipulation. 

Yes, I think so.

What is the interaction between the Lockpick of Belit and this chest? 

The Lockpick gives an extra Gem for lock-picking, so if a Guard drops it, it can be used to help opening the chest without the Key  (complex manipulation difficulty 2).

I believe that the first player opening the chest can choose one weapon, and all the other ones would go into the zone where they can be picked up with a simple manipulation.

Yes, I think so.

• Thanks 1