kostantis

Upgrage for 1st Edition?

kostantis    1

Greetings,
I would really like to know if the KS will include an upgrade option for the owners of the game, or if this is a new, non-compatible edition all together.

Thanks in advance and TY all for the great games and community

• Like 1

Crom    24

Are you asking about the 2019 KS?  I doubt they even know yet.  They're working on Batman now and they're following that up with Claustrophobia.  Chances are we won't have any good info on the next Conan until the end of 2018.

Arthadan    144

And if you meant the last KS (Book of Set), it's the same edition. When the game was released there were two different pledge levels initially:

- Barbarian (same as retail) :  one big box without any stretch-goals.

- King: the same box with expanded content plus another big box full of stretch goals.

Monolith has released a pack with all you need to play any scenario designed for the King Content using a Barbarian / retail box (using proxy miniatures). You can find the conversion pack in the Download section.

About the 2019 KS we only know for sure it will have an OL vs. OL mode which will be introduced in the upcoming Batman game.

Stonewolf    51

Likely referring to the Claustrophobia relaunch but the answer I'm sure remains exactly what you wrote BigA

My pointless speculation (not familiar enough with the game)  would that it would be a standalone full relaunch with making an upgrade from previous Claustrophobia materials too much work and unfortunately a reducer of new sales volume. That said - two thoughts:

1.The folks that love this game really really really seem to love it (to the point where I'd really like to read up on it with a view to finding a used package out there), if it's that good then buying a new edition would be o good deal of cash but still in fun terms money v.well spent

2.Assuming they support user content publishing here as they are with Conan the community itself would take care of putting 1st edition materials to work for you

Time to go look at what's online.

An obvious way to drum up interest without distracting the M-team from the established project schedule would be for someone to post pdfs of whatever 1stEd materials can be legally made available?

Edit: new here so not sure about posting a url to another company's work even in these circumstances but the basic rules are easily found online for DL and checking out

Edited by Stonewolf