Companion application for Conan

pig

[Last update on november the 28, 2023]

Hi,

I coded an application/site to accompany during a game of Conan.

The idea is to gather in one place resources that can be found in other places to make the games more fluid.

The site is intended mainly for tablets, it is the most convenient format to have next to a game board, I think.

The application can be found here:  https://companion.the-overlord.com (on tablet and phone, you can also install is to have a native application that will work offline)

The main features of the current 0.24 version are:

• Boards:
    Updated dynamic lines of sight
    Specific rules of every board
  • Rules :
    Game aids on skills with adjusted texts mixing the original french and english texts and the details at the end of the rules booklet
    Heroes's book with a search engine
    Overlord's book with a search engine
  • Encyclopedia:
    Search among all the equipment and spell cards, the heroes sheets, the overlords tiles, the models and even the tokens (mostly to help the scenarios creation - or find easily your hero in coop mode) and links between all these elements and the rules
  • Studio:
    Creation of equipement and spells cards, the heroes sheets and the overlord tiles in a few clics in order to print it.
  • Misc:
    Customize the extensions you own in order to display only interresting content
    FR/EN/IT multilingual application (but if someone is ready to handle a traduction, he can contact me)
    List of credits and thanks to their respective authors
    Access to the github to declare a bug or a "simple" improvement idea 😊

The future main feature will be the search for scenarios.

Here are a few screenshots:

image.thumb.png.2a2a8db0f1ba1c43f83ac612b120ae9e.png

image.thumb.png.a08d22a68bcf44f98c9c305a4834d168.png

image.thumb.png.9ef10113ea302142282843647b8b4961.png

image.thumb.png.9b4ee2bbf6da12756c410c8d0a3515cb.png

Enjoy!

Edited by pig
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

I know this app isn't getting a lot of acknowledgement here, but this app is fantastic for both designing and playing scenarios. I have already found it very useful (as well as the other site Footballzs mentioned). I love the fan dedication to this game. 

I love the idea of adding scenarios to this app. Since you already added the ability for the user to mark which products they have, if you include sort/filter functionality for the scenarios, it would help people a lot.

As a creator of fan-made scenarios, I would love it if you included some fan-made scenarios, but quality control for that might be a significant task. Have you shared this on the Conan Facebook groups? 

Also, are you planning on adding anything for the upcoming solo/coop mode?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 3:12 PM, Ken said:

I know this app isn't getting a lot of acknowledgement here, but this app is fantastic for both designing and playing scenarios. I have already found it very useful (as well as the other site Footballzs mentioned). I love the fan dedication to this game. 

I love the idea of adding scenarios to this app. Since you already added the ability for the user to mark which products they have, if you include sort/filter functionality for the scenarios, it would help people a lot.

As a creator of fan-made scenarios, I would love it if you included some fan-made scenarios, but quality control for that might be a significant task. Have you shared this on the Conan Facebook groups? 

Also, are you planning on adding anything for the upcoming solo/coop mode?

Since I helped debugging and translating this site/companion, I believe I can partially answer:

- Once the scenario library will be added, the "filter per product" function will certainly be there too. It already works for the boards (i.e. the boards you see are automatically filtered depending on the products you have selected in the "My expansions" menu).

- I might be wrong, but I do not think it is reasonably doable to add each and every fan-made scenario (the official ones might already be a dauting task). But including some of them should not add a tremendous workload. I'm thinking about the fan scenarios of the Compendiums/TO Mags, and the couples of Campaigns like the ones you co-wrote (Whispers from Stygia etc).

• Like 4

Hi.

Yes @Roolz is right.

I will first, add all the official scenarios.

Then depending on the schedule, I will add a connector to https://conan-scenarios.com/ 

And I will also add some of the fan-made scenarios we can find here.

The search engine will be nice I hope: it will use the expansions you declared for sure ; but you will be able to also see scenarios you cannot play directly if you want to proxy some characters. Additionally, you will be able to search a scenario to play with a given hero.

Thank you for your support!

• Like 2

For the search, I will also add somehing dedicated to the campains. Not sure exactly what, but maybe a separate search page....

For the coop/solo mode, I will see when it will be available, but I think so. Maybe it would mean two differents apps.

On 12/27/2019 at 3:12 PM, Ken said:

Have you shared this on the Conan Facebook groups? 

No, cause I'm not a FB guy. 🙂 but, please, can you do it for me?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

a new version has been deployed here http://the-overlord.com/Companion/Conan/

It contains a studio for heroes sheets and especially an encyclopedia (whose idea came to me on the site https://conan-companion.herokuapp.com/) whose purpose is to help the creation of scenarios mainly:

• to answer the question, if i use this spell and this equipment, what extensions are necessary to play it?
  • conversely, if I limit myself to such extension, I can choose among which equipments?
  • I need a strong hero in attack ...
  • I need a spell for the overlord that does area damage ...

(At first I have added all the equipments, spells and heroes sheets, but not yet the skelos tiles)

Enjoy

image.png

Edited by pig
  • Like 4

Hi, this looks fantastic! Thank you so much! 
Do you think it is possible to create a offline version of this? Not only for playing on holidays, where we usually do not have internet, but also for archiving, if one day this information or website might be gone offline?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bobaboba said:

Do you think it is possible to create a offline version of this?

Yes, I agree with you.

I will not post an application on stores, nor an apk but my site is a PWA and offline mode is planed.

For the moment all you can do is: menu / add to home screen in order to have an icon that lead to the site in a separate fullscreen window (and later this will support offline)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 2:32 PM, Dadodragon said:

Great job! I have an alert: some brom box equipment cards have low res images, I didn't check more, there can be others.

Thank you again.

I do not have the BromBox yet, so I got the images from the dark web 😄 
If you can send be a scan of it (in private), I will integrate them 😉

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 6/18/2020 at 2:32 PM, Dadodragon said:

some brom box equipment cards have low res images

On 6/22/2020 at 11:08 AM, pig said:

If you can send be a scan of it (in private), I will integrate them

@Roolz send it to me, I will upgrade the images with better quality as soon as I can

• Like 1