Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

Great to see our project moving forward at good speed!

@Xaltotun the tokens loos great!

However I'm not sold in the helmet as the face-up because these tokens are also for traps, so maybe something more generic than the helmet?  Perhaps a monolith or a skeleton face?

@Florentin I can fix the map size to the exact one we like, no problem. Great work on the map!

ARROWS

About arrows, single arrow token or arrow counter?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

I plan to make an arrow counter for Subotai. Each token will be 5 arrows and the token will be up to 15. I think is more user-friendly than printing 15 tokens.

Thoughts?

How does it work ? Purpose of the counter is to place arrows in different place and that subotai runs from place to place to catch an arrow and shoot with it.

If Subotai has a quiver your idea is perfect! But is it what we would like to do here ? Maybe we could place a quiver somewhere on the map and Subotai then could use it!

But why he didn't do this in the movie. he prefered to place arrows in specific place to be more efficient!

Moreover, I have an old game call disk wars! In this game there are small arrow tokens that could be very useful for this !

Or easier reduce the size of the token of @Xaltotun if you are annoyed to manage too large tokens on the map ?

Edited by Florentin

I thought that we could put the token with the 5 arrows faced down on the map (the OL haven't to know which weapon is there), like the other tokens of weapons, and we could have an arrow counter, or, if preferred we can print 15 single arrows token to provide Subotai of.

I'll put anyway 15 tokens of single arrows on the pdf, in case they could be useful in future...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

About the shield token: I guess the first one I took from the card was previously taken capturing an image from the movie.

Choose the one you prefer

Yes you are right ! It was me that modify a picture that I found on internet...In fact at the bottom of the shield was written "Conan"...

I don't thing that barbarians wrote their name on their shield like parents for their children items when they go to school...

But few weeks later I found the picture you have now ! So i prefer the new token you have just realized. Thank you very much !

Edited by Florentin

2 hours ago, Arthadan said:

However I'm not sold in the helmet as the face-up because these tokens are also for traps, so maybe something more generic than the helmet?  Perhaps a monolith or a skeleton face?

Ok. I had thought about the helmet thinking about a symbol could have work for both the equipment and the trap that killed Thorgrim... Anyway your face up token is very good for me.

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Arthadan said:

AMBUSH IN THE STANDING STONES

If the last action a hero performs is a movement ending within the monolith field:

- the miniature is taken out of the board and replaced by two hero numbered tokens (1 and 2).

- the player gets to move both counters withing the monolith fields spending the same amounth of movement points.

- the players choses secretly which one is the real hero.

- In the OL turn, when an enemy unit enters an area with a hero token, the token is removed (if it wasn't the hero) or replaced with the miniature (if it was the hero).

Ok. I tried to rearrange the helmet tokens in this way: I definitely have not fallen in love with this token and maybe you prefer something more elaborate; it's just a starting point to understand the direction to follow. Made some number more... never knows...

59da288aaa9da_tokenheroesfront1.thumb.jpg.7d2d4226c4cbfd51a3f46fc5b8f1e649.jpg59da28852a936_tokenheroesback1.thumb.jpg.a77c5c9c2fb85bc288c90b736af0d43e.jpg59da288648bc0_tokenheroesback2.thumb.jpg.b3e8a8a4465f3012e61df9f5e15d437f.jpg59da2887504d4_tokenheroesback3.thumb.jpg.9e9efe20f5bfb03ac719d44bdb634739.jpg59da28885221b_tokenheroesback4.thumb.jpg.d7ce1a8f60141cbe765656fcd0865236.jpg59da288945e33_tokenheroesback5.thumb.jpg.281416654ae45e5b7fcefa6d10cdc663.jpg

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 1