Doom's body guards

Black guards

Black plague

Snake servants

Snake black guardians

Snake black guards ...

Doom's storm trooper :sorcerer:

Doom's Thunder knights

Doom's thunder plague honor body knights guardians of Set the black snake :pilote:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Arthadan said:

@Xaltotun this is Subotai climbing the mound where the Princess is tied, at the end of the battle when Doom is aboutto fire his snake-arrow:

We can see the monolith field ends before the hill.

cap1.jpg

Yes, but I'm not that sure aboit the position of the mound: I think he climbs not 'frontside'...

Maybe it's just a matter of prospective.

I'll check better tomorrow night

Do not see any problem ! Maybe 10° with a straight line (perpendicular) with the background! 

20171013_073409.thumb.png.e2d32a9accb2d1e1796ab92341bf4ba6.png

Moreover, if you measure angle between snake arrow on shield and the Stone perpendicular  (where is hang the princess) I think it is good because it was shot from the hill in the background on the left!

But arrow angle seems wrong between the picture where Subotai Climb & where a snake arrow fit in the shield! But this is a movie !

PS: In the background we can see Akiro's home !:sorcerer:

4 bis.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Arthadan said:

@Xaltotun this is Subotai climbing the mound where the Princess is tied, at the end of the battle when Doom is aboutto fire his snake-arrow:

We can see the monolith field ends before the hill.

cap1.jpg

The group of monolith are not the altar where Valeria body is burnt but the big Monoliths at the end of the Monoliths square!

25 minutes ago, Florentin said:

The group of monolith are not the altar where Valeria body is burnt but the big Monoliths at the end of the Monoliths square!

Yes, I was speaking about the position of the princess hill regarding the monolith field.

it seems to me the princess Hill should be closer to the three stones Hill, as proposed in mymap2.thumb.jpg.5e93ac1bf8a4a2c59c410998c3a096b4.jpg map sketch.

The some on the hilltop the princess is tied to should be rotated, facing the monolith fields. This way an arrow coming from the altar hill would hit the stone side just like the movie.

I'll make another sketch with this small adjustment to explain myself better.

I don't understand @Arthadan! I think it is not a problem!  If you want for expert mode we will do a more realistic map!  I would prefer to spend my time on the game mechanisms and map areas now more than on small angles of the map! 

To my mind, here it is just a picture representation that has not too much impact on the game!

My picture above where we saw Subotai, Thulsa doom and princess'feet show that the map is not too bad ! Some small degrees error are not critical! We are not building à rocket here!

Edited by Florentin

53 minutes ago, Florentin said:

I don't understand @Arthadan! I think it is not a problem!  If you want for expert mode we will do a more realistic map!  I would prefer to spend my time on the game mechanisms and map areas now more than on small angles of the map! 

To my mind, here it is just a picture representation that has no too much impact on the game!

My picture above where we saw Subotai, Thulsa doom and princess'feet show that the map is not too bad ! Some small degrees error are not critical! We are not building à rocket here!

Your map is great, but I'm afraid I'm a perfectionist and I can't help it. I don't mind making these small adjustments in the map myself, if you don't mind.

36 minutes ago, Florentin said:

I understand @Arthadan show me your ajustement and I will do them ! The map you have is not the last one! So I would like to avoid à big mess with different map versions! Thank you!

Moreover could you send me pictures of all  the riders you did please?

If you're going to finish the map, I'll do the raiders tokens. Please send me the measurements of the oval base for mounts (length and width).

We have two alternatives for this:

- Make oval base tokens with horses seen from above, to place miniatures on them.

-make paper stand up "miniatures" with the tiles illustrations. Problem with this is that some illustrations don't have enough quality to be printed at a bigger size. Something like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXi0NmL0oC541jg42tL0H

What do you prefer?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Guys, are you sure that the 2 hills are so close? I'm not so...

I was going to propose a bigger map, keeping everything we have at the current scale (adding more "surrounding area", not making anything bigger). This way we can move princess hill to the right and have more distance between hills. I'll make a new sketch.

5 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

Nice finding!

But these are just concept sketches and what we see in the film is slightly different. For example, altar Hill and three stones Hill are at the opposed extremes of the monolith field.

Sure, you're right, but since I'm quite perfectionist too, I think that we should follow Cobbs's sketches if we are in doubt, or when it's impossible to understand the precise position of an item.

34 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Sure, you're right, but since I'm quite perfectionist too, I think that we should follow Cobbs's sketches if we are in doubt, or when it's impossible to understand the precise position of an item.

conan00003.png.88799e34be03b03fd23f9d1dfc10390f.thumb.png.8b5327b6add365402b72f9ff8fd03daa.pngAgreed, but in this case I think this is pretty precise.

-Altar Hill (it would be behind Conan's back) , Monolith field and three stones Hill form a line.

-earth wall is to the right of the monolith field, starts before the monolith field, ends about the same point of the monolith field.

-princess hill starts right after the monolith field.

Can we agree on that?

Becareful guys it's a trap as would say a famous guy  !

First,  know that I'm not a perfectionist!

Second, I realized a bigger map than the first one to allow circulations between monoliths because you wanted! To do so map become 30% larger but it wasn't the map we saw when Conan arrived! But this is the map used when stuntmen were filmed!

We are fans and I think maybe the best 3 fans in the world of this battle! And we are discussing about details! I'm not certain that other guys are going to laugh of our work if we are making small mistakes at short term!

An option I would like to push in the expert  mode of the scenario would be the bigger map you speak about! Maybe four times larger than a Conan game classical map where we could organize the mounds, the monoliths as close as possible as the movie scene with the sea and Akiro ' s home in addition and so on ! 

At present,  I think we have spent a lot of time with tokens & tiles until now! If we would like to offer to the whole community a V1.0 of "Conan the Barbarian" workable version before Xmas, I think that the map should be finished this weekend! 

Modify too heavily the map is not an option to my mind! We are going to lose too many time and energy for small details! And we need energy because the most difficult part of the aventure is in front of us! To do a playable balanced version of the battle! A lot of tests are necessary before to reach this purpose!

So do not lose us in a forest of details because the forest is bigger than you can imagine ! 

As example I would had worked on the map areas since Wednesday but I spend all my free time to write messages on this forum to avoid we fall in a big trap... the loss of our energy with rework and details!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Florentin said:

Name proposal:

Set guardians

Set guards

Riders of set

Set knights

Doom's honor guards

Doom's body guards

Black guards

Black plague

Snake servants

Snake black guardians

Snake black guards ...

Doom's storm trooper :sorcerer:

Doom's Thunder knights

Doom's thunder plague honor body knights guardians of Set the black snake :pilote:

For the Temple Guards, they'll appear on foot in a guard role in many scenarios (I'll use them when Conan meets Valeria in Rexor's tower for example).

What about "Zealots"? After all they're fanatic warriors serving Doom's cult.

59 minutes ago, Florentin said:

Becareful guys it's a trap as would say a famous guy  !

First,  know that I'm not a perfectionist!

Second, I realized a bigger map than the first one to allow circulations between monoliths because you wanted! To do so map become 30% larger but it wasn't the map we saw when Conan arrived! But this is the map used when stuntmen were filmed!

We are fans and I think maybe the best 3 fans in the world of this battle! And we are discussing about details! I'm not certain that other guys are going to laugh of our work if we are making small mistakes at short term!

An option I would like to push in the expert  mode of the scenario would be the bigger map you speak about! Maybe four times larger than a Conan game classical map where we could organize the mounds, the monoliths as close as possible as the movie scene with the sea and Akiro ' s home in addition and so on ! 

At present,  I think we have spent a lot of time with tokens & tiles until now! If we would like to offer to the whole community a V1.0 of "Conan the Barbarian" workable version before Xmas, I think that the map should be finished this weekend! 

Modify too heavily the map is not an option to my mind! We are going to lose too many time and energy for small details! And we need energy because the most difficult part of the aventure is in front of us! To do a playable balanced version of the battle! A lot of tests are necessary before to reach this purpose!

So do not lose us in a forest of details because the forest is bigger than you can imagine ! 

As example I would had worked on the map areas since Wednesday but I spend all my free time to write messages on this forum to avoid we fall in a big trap... the loss of our energy with rework and details!

It's true we need the map as soon  as possible.

I can make the modifications over the weekend in a couple hours, all I need is the latest version of the map in jpg format. If it's too big to be sent by mail, it can be shared using Dropbox or any other file hosting service.

Would you agree to that?

conan00003.png.88799e34be03b03fd23f9d1dfc10390f.thumb.png.8b5327b6add365402b72f9ff8fd03daa.pngAgreed, but in this case I think this is pretty precise.

-Altar Hill (it would be behind Conan's back) , Monolith field and three stones Hill form a line.

-earth wall is to the right of the monolith field, starts before the monolith field, ends about the same point of the monolith field.

-princess hill starts right after the monolith field.

Can we agree on that?

Sure; but I just meant to say that @Florentin last map seemed good to me.

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Thanks 1

For the Temple Guards, they'll appear on foot in a guard role in many scenarios (I'll use them when Conan meets Valeria in Rexor's tower for example).

What about "Zealots"? After all they're fanatic warriors serving Doom's cult.

I do not know why but for me zealot is a name linked with the protoss in Starcraft! 

I know I have just found !!!

20171013_180842.thumb.png.f236a7162f21d6360074fd695de7cdf2.png

I think another name would be better...a name more linked with Conan world as I proposed! 

Edited by Florentin
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Florentin said:

Black guards

This name is quite simple l, fits  perfect and reminds me a kind of troops of Kull army in Howard's tales (remeber that Thuksa Doom is a character from Kull cycle). Since it's simple and has this far memory, I'd go for it, so we have 3 types of army, each baptized by one of us:

Fangs of Set --> @Arthadan

Riders of Doom --> @Xaltotun

Black Guards --> @Florentin

Do you agree?

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 2