Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

18 hours ago, Arthadan said:

More on the map:

GENERAL SUGGESTIONS

I think monoliths and pallisades should be zones on its own (I know this would be a lot of work, so I offer myself to do it). Rules would be:

-Standing Monoliths: this are pretty much obstacles. Block line of sight, block movement (nobody can pass through them) nobody can climb them except with the Flying skill. If perching atop one of them, elevation rules apply (not that it's going to happen in our scenario, but thinking in the broader picture to make the map attarctive for different scenarios and situations other than what we have planned).

-Fallen monoliths: same rules as tables in the tavern map.

-Pallisades: nobody can pass through them, if a Mounted miniature suffers damage in an area adyacent to a pallisade, the rider may fall on it. The attacker rolls :jaune: , if he gets two symbols on the dice, means the defender takes damage from the pallisade, roll another :jaune: for damage.

Now my proposal for rezoning the the monolith field.:

The idea is having wide "corridors" with big zones were the riders con pass through freely and smaller zones between monoliths were the heroes can "hide" ("hidden movement" rules would apply only for the smaller areas.

The red color I've used doesn't satnd out too much, sorry. You may need to zoom in.

Again, I offer myself to redraw zones and whatever is needed.

Thoughts on all this?

20171027_cambios.jpg

@Florentin, don't know if you've missed this post.

Team, we also have pending the Ranged attacks Optional Rules I posted in the previous page.

What do you think about them?

I have just finished some updates requested by @Arthadan:

map_botm_V5.thumb.jpg.0b6a2d62dca68570cb32d9cb247c8a04.jpgmap_botm_V5_wth_numbers.thumb.jpg.04ce3c58a920d99235b954323f2967a1.jpg

Some additional areas were added !

Moreover, I have added area in some spikes zones ! I thought that for a cost of 2 in movement heroes could enter in these specific areas when they seek refuge !

But heroes can be attacked by adjacent characters !

Nevertheless, they win 1 of protection because the attacker has difficulty to attack consequence of spikes!

Edited by Florentin
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Florentin said:

I have just finished some updates requested by @Arthadan:

map_botm_V5.thumb.jpg.0b6a2d62dca68570cb32d9cb247c8a04.jpgmap_botm_V5_wth_numbers.thumb.jpg.04ce3c58a920d99235b954323f2967a1.jpg

Some additional areas were added !

Moreover, I have added area in some spikes zones ! I thought that for a cost of 2 in movement heroes could enter in these specific areas when they seek refuge !

But heroes can be attacked by adjacent characters !

Nevertheless, they win 1 of protection because the attacker has difficulty to attack consequence of spikes!

Awesome, great job @Florentin!!!!!

Could you please update the map we have in our Downloads folder with this version?

• Like 1

@Arthadan has you can see some area borders are deleted when shadows, or bushes hit them! 

In fact, I found this more beautiful !

But if you prefer to have them I can print you a specific map with all the borders!

In fact, I used many layers with ArtRage to draw the areas and I kept a full version of the borders before to delete them when the shadows & bushes hit them!

:dwarf:

map_botm_V5_with_full_areas.thumb.jpg.9d24fbc31ddc0f0425add658ecc2c0ca.jpg

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 2

GREAT WORK, GUYS!

I hope it's not to late to suggest a small change on the upper mound:

My suggestion is to divide the top of the hill so he monoliths could have some use. In a previous post @Florentin, I guess, reminded us that doom shot his snake arrow from that top and there was no point for allowing it to foot men only: so I just enlarged a bit the mound circle and divided in to, following monoliths line. Please, see the red lines.

what do you think?

Please, do not consider the white circle on the top, I enlarged it in red.

Version A

IMG_3847.JPG

Version B

IMG_3847.thumb.JPG.ae95ef5450513eaeed41a0d86094fd41.JPG

I think version B makes more sense.

Check the points of sight on the mound, please. I also created a new area beyond the ridge.

Whats'your opinion?

ps. Please, apologize my rough work: not so easy by my tablet! 😥

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Florentin said:

I have just divided area 11 in 2 areas! Because too big !

Area 76 has just appeared !

add_area.thumb.jpg.401ffa49492a1b2dbfa17fc198064f33.jpg

What do you think on dividing areas 7,11,74 this way? The cheval of frise would effect both 7 &74 and it obly the horsemen to spend a movement point more to go from 74 to 7, via 11.

does it make sense? 

IMG_3848.JPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Xaltotun said:

GREAT WORK, GUYS!

I hope it's not to late to suggest a small change on the upper mound:

My suggestion is to divide the top of the hill so he monoliths could have some use. In a previous post @Florentin, I guess, reminded us that doom shot his snake arrow from that top and there was no point for allowing it to foot men only: so I just enlarged a bit the mound circle and divided in to, following monoliths line. Please, see the red lines.

what do you think?

Please, do not consider the white circle on the top, I enlarged it in red.

Version A

IMG_3847.JPG

Version B

IMG_3847.thumb.JPG.ae95ef5450513eaeed41a0d86094fd41.JPG

I think version B makes more sense.

Check the points of sight on the mound, please. I also created a new area beyond the ridge.

Whats'your opinion?

ps. Please, apologize my rough work: not so easy by my tablet! 😥

Know @Xaltotun, It would be never too late !

I will always adapt the map as we like in order to improve fun and pleasure to play the scenario !

I modify the map !

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys I have done two new maps!

The first one was an update of the classical one that we know well now ! I added the update proposed by @Xaltotun

map_botm_final_V0.thumb.jpg.d1c33498184634ddaac7bba041032b49.jpgmap_botm_final_V0_Number.thumb.jpg.dbaa27e756706207fc416cdd15a2ac9e.jpg

The second one was update of a new one as required by @Arthadan ! I added the update proposed by @Xaltotuntoo!

A new area was added in addition of the update, the 84 near the 30 !

map_botm_final_V1.thumb.jpg.a336abf02c52c0b6e1c7bb54890317ed.jpgmap_botm_final_V1_number.thumb.jpg.b02ad34a294ea415afc8e43bf4290cfb.jpg

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Arthadan said:

I've resized the map to 90x75 cm, it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.6b0c3f763658d236d75cbeae7f727020.png

@Florentin if you think it's a good idea, I can send it to you so you can upload it.

By the way I've made a post on the Facebook Conan Gaming Group about our campaign  yesterday and we have 67 likes already!

:ambidextre:

Why do you want to reduce the map @Arthadan

21 hours ago, Florentin said:

Why do you want to reduce the map @Arthadan

I think you said you had some issues resizing the map to be exactly 90 cm (now it's a bit more than 90 but less than 91). When doing so, I ended up with a size of 90 x 77'something. So I decided to change the 77'something of 75 because I like one numbers.

So, shall we leave it as it is, resize it to 90x77 or to 90x75?

13 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

I think you said you had some issues resizing the map to be exactly 90 cm (now it's a bit more than 90 but less than 91). When doing so, I ended up with a size of 90 x 77'something. So I decided to change the 77'something of 75 because I like one numbers.

So, shall we leave it as it is, resize it to 90x77 or to 90x75?

I understand! I see no problem about resizing if this no impact the size of the whole elements! Because if not, I'm afraid we reduce some spaces between monoliths and so on!

If you want a size of 75 I can cut margin of the map! Some details would disappear because 2 cm will be removed ! But that would not be critical!

I prefer to do it myself because I have all the layers on my gimp model! If I start from your model I will lose them!

Moreover, area drawings are done with ArtRage 5 and so I will lose the capability to update them!

But If you want to play/work with the map for test I could send you the gimp model but without areas & small circles.

In fact, small circles are added under the gimp as last treatment after ArtRage !

If you have Artrage I could send you the paint with the different layers too! But Demo ArtRage doesn't work because big map as our need the purchased version of ArtRage!

1 hour ago, Florentin said:

I understand! I see no problem about resizing if this no impact the size of the whole elements! Because if not, I'm afraid we reduce some spaces between monoliths and so on!

If you want a size of 75 I can cut margin of the map! Some details would disappear because 2 cm will be removed ! But that would not be critical!

I prefer to do it myself because I have all the layers on my gimp model! If I start from your model I will lose them!

Moreover, area drawings are done with ArtRage 5 and so I will lose the capability to update them!

But If you want to play/work with the map for test I could send you the gimp model but without areas & small circles.

In fact, small circles are added under the gimp as last treatment after ArtRage !

If you have Artrage I could send you the paint with the different layers too! But Demo ArtRage doesn't work because big map as our need the purchased version of ArtRage!

Let's keep it as it is now. When we have a "final" version I can resize it to 90x77 if we want to.

Thanks!

Edited by Arthadan
  • Like 2

While trying to print the map, I realized that maybe we can have some problem on Yasmina mound.

Please, check this first image: if we don't use the "cheval of Frise" and the stakes as borders between 2 areas, or as particular areas (for infantry only) that separate normal areas, what could happen?

Look at the hypothetical movements of 3 different mounted figures in a single turn:

59f8a39d69bb0_BattleofthemoundsfinalV1areascircles2.thumb.jpg.eb98cbe73b84ed23f7e77707d4ccf6c1.jpg

Even writing down special rules concerning the presence of stakes in an area, don't you think that a player could be confused about?

So I imagined this kind of solution:

59f8a42b0e5af_BattleofthemoundsfinalV1areascircles1.thumb.jpg.d95090d1f090c841be88d94e256e6f42.jpg

(It doesn't matter if the perimeter of an area doesn't follow the pattern of the stakes)

I hope you can see the arrows and the new (red) borders, enlarging the images.

What do you think about?

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Xaltotun said:

While trying to print the map, I realized that maybe we can have some problem on Yasmina mound.

Please, check this first image: if we don't use the "cheval of Frise" and the stakes as borders between 2 areas, or as particular areas (for infantry only) that separate normal areas, what could happen?

Look at the hypothetical movements of 3 different mounted figures in a single turn:

59f8a39d69bb0_BattleofthemoundsfinalV1areascircles2.thumb.jpg.eb98cbe73b84ed23f7e77707d4ccf6c1.jpg

Even writing down special rules concerning the presence of stakes in an area, don't you think that a player could be confused about?

So I imagined this kind of solution:

59f8a42b0e5af_BattleofthemoundsfinalV1areascircles1.thumb.jpg.d95090d1f090c841be88d94e256e6f42.jpg

(It doesn't matter if the perimeter of an area doesn't follow the pattern of the stakes)

I hope you can see the arrows and the new (red) borders, enlarging the images.

What do you think about?

When I did the map, I consider that the  only path to reach the hill top was to pass behind the monolith!

After we can imagine that men on foot could go through the "cheval de frise" and climb straight on from the monoliths field (but by moving slowly so there would have additional cost of 1 for this action).

Maybe I could add spikes in order to avoid  there is a misunderstanding and then that the 3 access you propose be suppressed !

7 hours ago, Florentin said:

When I did the map, I consider that the  only path to reach the hill top was to pass behind the monolith!

After we can imagine that men on foot could go through the "cheval de frise" and climb straight on from the monoliths field (but by moving slowly so there would have additional cost of 1 for this action).

Maybe I could add spikes in order to avoid  there is a misunderstanding and then that the 3 access you propose be suppressed !

Let me check better tomorrow the rules about mounted and dismounted figures in the previous posts by @Arthadan, the I can tell you better my point.

thanks!

On 1/11/2017 at 11:18 PM, Xaltotun said:

Let me check better tomorrow the rules about mounted and dismounted figures in the previous posts by @Arthadan, the I can tell you better my point.

thanks!

Last thing we spoke about chevaux de frise was this (from the preliminary special rules of the scenario, in the previous page) :

Pallisades: nobody can pass through them, if a Mounted miniature suffers damage in an area adyacent to a pallisade, the rider may fall on it. The attacker rolls :jaune: , if he gets two symbols on the dice, means the defender takes damage from the pallisade, roll another :jaune: for damage.

So, I agree with @Florentin on this: only path to reach the hill top was to pass behind the monolith!

10 hours ago, Arthadan said:

Last thing we spoke about chevaux de frise was this (from the preliminary special rules of the scenario, in the previous page) :

Pallisades: nobody can pass through them, if a Mounted miniature suffers damage in an area adyacent to a pallisade, the rider may fall on it. The attacker rolls :jaune: , if he gets two symbols on the dice, means the defender takes damage from the pallisade, roll another :jaune: for damage.

So, I agree with @Florentin on this: only path to reach the hill top was to pass behind the monolith!

Ok, but don't you think that since the chevals and stakes are inside 'walkable' areas, this could create confusion?

47 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Ok, but don't you think that since the chevals and stakes are inside 'walkable' areas, this could create confusion?

You are right ! I think I'm going to add spikes on the hill to avoid confusion on walkable areas(between "chevaux de frise" & already fit spikes).

But I still think that on foot character could walk across the spikes but that would cost extra cost (1 gem).

• Like 1