Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

1 hour ago, Florentin said:

I think about this and would like to create special rules for this !

In fact each time, a horsemen is dismounted in an area with spike it would be interesting if a test was realized to check that he is avoiding spikes or not.

Palisades in the core game scenarios block (cannot be crossed) and can be destroyed.

In our scenario, it makes sense they block, and I agree there should be some special rule for their interaction with riders. Maybe they can try to jump over, suffering damage if they fail.

In the current version of Mounted Combat rules, only Liutenants can be dismounted.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I know we wrote this but I still a little frustrating! In fact,  in the movie the riders that are dismounted continue their fights on ground! Of course, as they were completely stuned or confused following their falls and wounds, and as Subotaï or Conan are very close of them, they attacked them and the dismounted riders die! Two things:

Shall we still to not consider all the dismounted riders ?

Shall we not introduce as in imperial assault some conditions tokens?

Moreover, It has been becoming very difficult to remember all the different rules we wrote since the beginning of the discussions for the Botm and even more with the map that has just arrived!

Maybe it's time to create a document we  could modify and access easily to check the consistency of the whole! If you are agree with it how to manage this? We would need a collaborative tool ? But don't know which tool...

Moreover for the project and the next steps  it would be interesting to use a specific tool to identify and share the different tasks that we should realized! If not I think It will become very difficult (different scenario remarks, rules discussions,  items to create...) Since the beginning of the week in my job we have beginning to use a tool that is very usefull and that is quite simple: trello! It works on smartphone, PC...

What are you thinking about the idea?

But sometimes in the movie some riders finished their runs on spikes !

How to manage this? 

If I remember properly, they were killed on their horses, then they fell accidentally on the spikes (but they were dead already). It's not like they were charging kamikaze style towards the stakes.

I'm not sure we need a special rule to model some accidental falls...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Florentin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I know we wrote this but I still a little frustrating! In fact,  in the movie the riders that are dismounted continue their fights on ground! Of course, as they were completely stuned or confused following their falls and wounds, and as Subotaï or Conan are very close of them, they attacked them and the dismounted riders die! Two things:

Shall we still to not consider all the dismounted riders ?

Shall we not introduce as in imperial assault some conditions tokens?

Moreover, It has been becoming very difficult to remember all the different rules we wrote since the beginning of the discussions for the Botm and even more with the map that has just arrived!

Maybe it's time to create a document we  could modify and access easily to check the consistency of the whole! If you are agree with it how to manage this? We would need a collaborative tool ? But don't know which tool...

Moreover for the project and the next steps  it would be interesting to use a specific tool to identify and share the different tasks that we should realized! If not I think It will become very difficult (different scenario remarks, rules discussions,  items to create...) Since the beginning of the week in my job we have beginning to use a tool that is very usefull and that is quite simple: trello! It works on smartphone, PC...

What are you thinking about the idea?

About the scenario, I'll upload what I have to a Google doc. But I think it's better if only one can modify it. Methodology could be adding a first version of a rule in the shared document, then discuss it here, agree on changes if any, and then modify the doc.

About coordinating tasks, we're just a team of three and once the map zoning is done, all we have left for Christmas is the scenario, which we'll do as a team. However if the team grows, we could consider using Trello.

Edited by Arthadan
  • Like 1

@Arthadan, no problem to have only one person to update the document but I would like to see a place in the document for all ideas (to avoid to lose them) and not only for the ones of the scenario first version! 

As I said,  Trello would be a tool to organize our thoughts when things are going to become more complex! Only one sequential post would become a big mess!

Maybe @SentMa could offer us an organisation to allow us to better organize the different Topics here in the future?

• Like 2

@Arthadan, no problem to have only one person to update the document but I would like to see a place in the document for all ideas (to avoid to lose them) and not only for the ones of the scenario first version! 

As I said,  Trello would be a tool to organize our thoughts when things are going to become more complex! Only one sequential post would become a big mess!

Maybe @SentMa could offer us an organisation to allow us to better organize the different Topics here in the future?

I'll make a first version of the document (I've compiled all the rules I suggested) and then you can tell me what extra ideas need to be added for discussion, and we'll take it from there.

Regarding organization, we can open different threads in the forum in the future, all starting with "Conan the Barbarian Campaign" to be easily identified (perhaps one per scenario?) . But until Christmas I think we can work on this one.

Edited by Arthadan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Arthadan said:

I'll make a first version of the document (I've compiled all the rules I suggested) and then you can tell me what extra ideas need to be added for discussion, and we'll take it from there.

Regarding organization, we can open different threads in the forum in the future, all starting with "Conan the Barbarian Campaign" to be easily identified (perhaps one per scenario?) . But until Christmas I think we can work on this one.

Very good! 

I'm going to work on an additional document about the map! 

Maybe a third document could be written to describe tokens usage & miniatures ?

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1

@Arthadan, after à good night I think we are going to work on both scenarii to avoid frustrations!

The first one rules will be the closest as possible as the official one (core Conan game): basic scenario rules.

The second one rules will offer new concepts and approach (advanced Conan game): expert scenario rules. 

As you guess, you are going to work on the first version and I on the second one! 

@Xaltotun could participate on both discussion !

Basic scenario would be fastly balanced but advanced scenario would offer new and fresh game mechanisms. 

Of course,  at each step, we can catch rules of the other approach to balance the game and add fun ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Florentin said:

@Arthadan, after à good night I think we are going to work on both scenarii to avoid frustrations!

The first one rules will be the closest as possible as the official one (core Conan game): basic scenario rules.

The second one rules will offer new concepts and approach (advanced Conan game): expert scenario rules. 

As you guess, you are going to work on the first version and I on the second one! 

@Xaltotun could participate on both discussion !

Basic scenario would be fastly balanced but advanced scenario would offer new and fresh game mechanisms. 

Of course,  at each step, we can catch rules of the other approach to balance the game and add fun ! 

Perhaps it would be a good idea to open a new thread, it could be called "Conan the barbarian campaign - Advanced Scenarios".

Edited by Arthadan
  • Like 2

On 18/10/2017 at 1:06 AM, Arthadan said:

In our scenario, it makes sense they block, and I agree there should be some special rule for their interaction with riders. Maybe they can try to jump over, suffering damage if they fail.

In the current version of Mounted Combat rules, only Liutenants can be dismounted.

I don't think that cheval de frize could be jumped.

• Like 1

An idea about mounted/dismounted figures: since the prohibition of dismounting for Doom's units doesn't seem to sound so good to me, what do you think if all the dismounted figures cannot be recalled by the Overlord, once eliminated? 

This should pull the Overlord to choose his personal strategy...

Edited by Xaltotun

2 hours ago, Xaltotun said:

The pdf with tokens and the Life Counter is online in the download section.

IMG_3802.PNG

IMG_3801.thumb.PNG.58b406448da748fb4d1c3d9032535385.PNGIMG_3800.thumb.JPG.623a9d6039b1b6a481b59c37be00e9c1.JPG

IMG_3798.JPG

@Xaltotun thanks for your work! I love the logo and the name of the scenario atthe bottom.

I have some suggestions for your consideration:

I was thinking that perhaps it would a good idea to clasify the tokens (same clasification as I did in the file I sent you), either splitting them in separated files or adding the category names as headers in the document. People not familiar with what we're doing here will find it confusing. Also, placing the face-up and its corresponding face-down one near the other would help to understand how to glue them together.

There is a blank token in the sheet and a captain token as well, what's their use?

20 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

There is a blank token in the sheet and a captain token as well, what's their use?

I had a free space so I put a blank one; the captain is the original Monolith token, just put on the printed paper to show the size. 

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Arthadan said:

was thinking that perhaps it would a good idea to clasify the tokens (same clasification as I did in the file I sent you), either splitting them in separated files or adding the category names as headers in the document. People not familiar with what we're doing here will find it confusing. Also, placing the face-up and its corresponding face-down one near the other would help to understand how to glue them together.

I created two specular sheets (front and back), so it's possible to print directly front/back on hard paper.

If you prefer, I can divide them, though I think this is the most practical solution

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 3