Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

2 small suggestions for the map:

- Area 8 should be forbidden to mounted figures (like monoliths rows)

- I'd divide areas 1 and 28 in two, and allow dismounted figures to 'jump' on the altar.

The altar and the stone where Yasmina is tied are stone that could hide from range attack; the altar could give highness bonus. I guess it could be better to do this to prevent from faqs...

@Florentin sorry if I didn't send more pics last night: been home really late.

Image1.jpg

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Arthadan said:

MAP

Perhaps zone 23 is a bit big. In our scenario we don't want riders to arrive too soon to the monolith field, plus would need many zones to place items and traps. If possible, I'd divide zone 23 in 3.

STAND-UP

Thanks for printing! Do you think the size is right, or perhaps a bit bigger would be better?

The 23 area was divided in 3 ! Two new area appears: 29 & 30.

map_botm_V2.jpg

map_botm_area_number_V3.jpg

Edited by Florentin

42 minutes ago, Florentin said:

Very impressive job Arthadan !!!

Maybe for the "riders of doom" the size could be bigger consequence of the spear! If not the horses are smaller that the others and the oval basis too....

Nope, basis is the same. It's just the preview here in the forum.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

- I'd divide in two areas 1 and 28, and allow dismounted figures to 'jump' on the altar.

The altar and the stone where Yasmina is tied are stone that could hide from range attack; the altar could give highness bonus. I guess it could be better to do this to prevent from faqs...

Image1.jpg

• Area 8 should be forbidden to horses: yes we can but Thulsa Doom seems to fire his snake arrow from the area 8 from his horse ? What should we do ?
  • Very good idea to separate in area 1 & 28, the altar area ! But I don't understand why divide them in 2, why not do a specific area for each altar in each existing area 1 & 28 ? So the altars area could be forbidden to horses but dismounted characters as you suggested could climb on it ?

Note: I think there are a lot of remarks and propriety could be identified on many areas of the map consequence of numerous map accessories: monoliths, spikes, lying stones , different bushes, different ground level, spikes group & grouping of crossed spikes ...

Note: I divided the map at the origin only in 28 areas because it was the number of areas I observed on the Picts village map (if I remember well). But if necessary I could add other divisions because of the biggest size of this map and for fun purpose too!:sorcerer:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Florentin said:
  • Area 8 should be forbidden to horses: yes we can but Thulsa Doom seems to fire his snake arrow from the area 8 from his horse ? What should we do ?
  • Very good idea to separate in area 1 & 28, the altar area ! But I don't understand why divide them in 2, why not do a specific area for each altar in each existing area 1 & 28 ? So the altars area could be forbidden to horses but dismounted characters as you suggested could climb on it ?

Note: I think there are a lot of remarks and propriety could be identified on many areas of the map consequence of numerous map accessories: monoliths, spikes, lying stones , different bushes, different ground level, spikes group & grouping of crossed spikes ...

Note: I divided the map at the origin only in 28 areas because it was the number of areas I observed on the Picts village map (if I remember well). But if necessary I could add other divisions because of the biggest size of this map and for fun purpose too!:sorcerer:

I was thinking about the tavern map: the bar is a separated area from the surrounding areas, so that's why I'd divide it. In the tavern the figures can go on the bar with an extra movement and have bonus for fighting from a higher level. I know that it's very difficult that someone can lead his figure/s over the altar, but projecting a scenario, I guess, means to try to preview the more possibilities you can.

The stone where Yasmina is tied is very big one and I think it's impossible to climb; but you can hide behind; someone could use it to cover from range attacks... yes I know, it's difficult, but it could be...

I'm not sure about how to divide the "4 stones" top, maybe a further division could be the solution?

The risk is that the 4 monoliths on this mound are considered as purely scenic elements... some kind of background or pattern on the sand...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Florentin said:

Note: I divided the map at the origin only in 28 areas because it was the number of areas I observed on the Picts village map (if I remember well). But if necessary I could add other divisions because of the biggest size of this map and for fun purpose too!

Considering that we have mounted figure who can move up to 4/5 areas, I think we could increase the number of them

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

- I'd divide in two areas 1 and 28, and allow dismounted figures to 'jump' on the altar.

Image1.jpg

I propose you this ?

map_botm_V3.thumb.jpg.ab838e19da339c9bd0157e65b1bdcf63.jpgmap_botm_area_number_V4.thumb.jpg.c9fd6a4d4223a2290cd51e3f1b6bbda1.jpg

Or do you prefer I divide the both area in two as you suggested it ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

I was thinking about the tavern map: the bar is a separated area from the surrounding areas, so that's why I'd divide it. In the tavern the figures can go on the bar with an extra movement and have bonus for fighting from a higher level. I know that it's very difficult that someone can lead his figure/s over the altar, but projecting a scenario, I guess, means to try to preview the more possibilities you can.

The stone where Yasmina is tied is very big one and I think it's impossible to climb; but you can hide behind; someone could use it to cover from range attacks... yes I know, it's difficult, but it could be...

I'm not sure about how to divide the "4 stones" top, maybe a further division could be the solution?

The risk is that the 4 monoliths on this mound are considered as purely scenic elements... some kind of background or pattern on the sand...

Maybe I could keep the ideas from:

map_botm_area_number_V4.thumb.jpg.cd1b3f2e05b68693d066ba6adc371e77.jpg

So we could keep areas 1 & 31 + add a separation as you suggested in area 31 in two parts! (see below)

So original area 1 woould be divided in area 1,31 & 33 with capability to be hidden by tha Yasmina's stone ?

map_botm_area_number_V4bis.thumb.jpg.fecde0be970a7b798a05aa8a3081a00d.jpg

For area 28, Altar is now 28 and surrouding area is the 32 ! What are you thinking of this ?

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Florentin said:

Maybe I could keep the ideas from:

map_botm_area_number_V4.thumb.jpg.cd1b3f2e05b68693d066ba6adc371e77.jpg

So we could keep areas 1 & 31 + add a separation as you suggested in area 31 in two parts! (see below)

So original area 1 woould be divided in area 1,31 & 33 with capability to be hidden by tha Yasmina's stone ?

map_botm_area_number_V4bis.thumb.jpg.fecde0be970a7b798a05aa8a3081a00d.jpg

For area 28, Altar is now 28 and surrouding area is the 32 ! What are you thinking of this ?

Area 31/1 is perfect! :w00t:

I'd divide area 32: horses should move around the altar, so dividing it could represent this 'slowdown' of their run; splitting this area in 2 would also mean to add one more area and it'd be better in my opinion...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Area 31/1 is perfect! :w00t:

I'd divide area 32: horses should move around the altar, so dividing it could represent this 'slowdown' of their run; splitting this area in 2 would also mean to add one more area and it'd be better in my opinion...

Ok!:peur:

That works,  I will do this !:dwarf:

• Like 2

Hello guys, 

In order to avoid that the overlord stand by his horsemen in some specific area,  I Wonder if a specific rule couldn't be created? 

For example each turn, if a horseman stand by in an area, bonus to hit him is increased by 1 dice for the heroes !Thus, horsemen are going to be always on movement or they would take a risk!

This don't work for dismounted characters! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Florentin said:

Hello guys, 

In order to avoid that the overlord stand by his horsemen in some specific area,  I Wonder if a specific rule couldn't be created? 

For example each turn, if a horseman stand by in an area, bonus to hit him is increased by 1 dice for the heroes !Thus, horsemen are going to be always on movement or they would take a risk!

This don't work for dismounted characters! 

The OL victory conditions already force him to move his units to engage the heroes. Also, the OL can only move 2 tiles per turn, it would be unfair to add a penalty for not moving all units in all the turns.

My thoughts for your consideration.

MAP

This map is much bigger than the official ones, I'd say bigger areas should be further divided.

For the monolith field, we already have the special rule to "hide" within using movement tokens.

The earth wall should be its own area, same as the tavern bar and would provide cover.

Stones on stone hill and princess hill should be their own area and provide cover.

Altar should be its own area and work as a table in the tavern map.

Stakes/palisades should be their own area and be impassable terrain.

Edited by Arthadan

4 hours ago, Xaltotun said:

Not sure about this: they could be a kind of 'border' that can't be trespassed, not a proper area, I guess

I believe we are saying the same with different words. If there is an uninterrupted "line" of palisades, then nobody can cross to the other side unless they can surround the line.

But a single small palisade can be easily surrounded.

Edited by Arthadan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Arthadan said:

Stakes/palisades should be their own area and be impassable terrain.

I think about this and would like to create special rules for this !

In fact each time, a horsemen is dismounted in an area with spike it would be interesting if a test was realized to check that he is avoiding spikes or not.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Xaltotun said:

Maybe we can say that no characters are allowed to touch the stones! If it is not possible, new hero/horsemen or footmen can not enter the area

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florentin said:

Maybe we can say that no characters are allowed to touch the stones! If it is not possible, new hero/horsemen or footmen can not enter the area

I think stones should be their own area, same as the boulders in the Nordheim expansion. Nobody can walk nor climb the monoliths (except the fallen ones which will work as a table).

Regarding the four stones on Monolith Hill, if all the submit is one zone, and the stones themselves are "forbidden" terrain, then only miniatures whose base fits the space between the stones can move there (probably just miniatures on foot, I guess).

• Like 1