https://the-overlord.com/FilesMBP/MBP-Reprint_Banniere_Forum.jpg

Matt John S

Community Generated Campaign

13 hours ago, Ken said:

@Neil Amswych Good lord, time flies! Your post is a good wake up call. I didn't realize how much time has passed.

Currently, my playtest table (i.e. dining room table) is set up with a Zombicide quest I am designing, but once I finalize it I will switch back to this Conan campaign.

I think the onus of the playtesting will be on us. So be it.

I’m playtesting Fragments of Wisdom - a biblically based card game right now. It’s excellent. When the guys come round for the next Conan campaign game (the one with the sarcophagus that I absolutely must win) I’ll ask that our second game is a playtest of one of your scenarios.

On 6/1/2018 at 9:37 AM, Ken said:

I think the onus of the playtesting will be on us. So be it.

I agree.

I have run through all of the scenarios multiple times, except The Street of Khemi. I will play that one this week and report back. They all seemed good to me.

I know The Time For Flight is Nigh could use a different set of eyes. It worked well for my group but I know what I intended so it would be nice to know if other people can understand it.

After that, we may be close. Neil said he was done. How do the rest of you feel about the shape of your scenarios?

@Neil Amswych @Ken @Primeval @Matt John S 

• Like 1

My group really want to run The Streets of Khemi when we next get together in the 17th. @Ken is there anything you want to know from that test? Any variant you want us to try out?

• Like 1

I would say mine is done. I did make the small to change to Crushing Burden that allows the hero to spend gems to move despite the onus of the idol, hopefully giving it a more heroic feel and also keeping the Overlord from being able to completely stop the hero with the idol, which had been mentioned as a possible area for change. Otherwise I am pleased with mine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Neil Amswych said:

My group really want to run The Streets of Khemi when we next get together in the 17th. @Ken is there anything you want to know from that test? Any variant you want us to try out?

My play-testing included 2 Xuthal's Crowns and the scenario skews towards the heroes. I would be curious to see how it plays out with 0 or 1.

If playing with 1, let me know which hero started with the crown and how the decision affected the outcome. I say this because Hadrathus is really important to this scenario and probably should get it, but Conan hits hard and can do some damage if he is possessed. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, drmauric said:

@Ken Wow! That looks amazing. This is a big step forward. Thank you.

Even if we don't use any of this in the final version, I find having a prototype helps solidify a project and "make it real" (if that makes sense).

@Ken Exactly. Maybe we should post it in the playtest hub as well? Might help."make it real" for other.

Would you mind if I share the Prologue page on the Conan Gaming Group Facebook page, to advertise?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, drmauric said:

@Ken Exactly. Maybe we should post it in the playtest hub as well? Might help."make it real" for other.

Would you mind if I share the Prologue page on the Conan Gaming Group Facebook page, to advertise?

Sure thing. I went ahead and posted in the playtesting hub.

Here is the link if you want to include it when you post to Facebook:

https://the-overlord.net/index.php?/topic/434-community-campaign-playtest-hub/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-4963

• Thanks 1

@Ken @Neil Amswych

One thing that may need to be addressed in the Carry Over Items section is exactly which card represents Neil's Medallion of Zhaungpau. In Fight or Flight it is just a token. To be a Carry Over Item in other scenarios it should be an equipment card. 

Looking at our options, I'd say it can't be the Stygian Artifact, as I use that to represent a non carry over item that is a goal in Scenario 1 and Ken is using it in Scenario 5a as a critical item.

One of the Amulet Fragments from Nordheim could be used. No one else is using those.  It is a 0 weight item. Seems like that may best represent the Medallion for carry over because in Fight or Flight the token has no defined weight. Unfortunately there isn't another card in the core box or expansions that "looks" specifically like a Medallion.

Neil, it's your item... what do you think?

On 6/4/2018 at 6:35 AM, Ken said:

My play-testing included 2 Xuthal's Crowns and the scenario skews towards the heroes. I would be curious to see how it plays out with 0 or 1.

If playing with 1, let me know which hero started with the crown and how the decision affected the outcome. I say this because Hadrathus is really important to this scenario and probably should get it, but Conan hits hard and can do some damage if he is possessed. 

I posted elsewhere but just want to check. What does "no self-harm" mean in this scenario? Can a possessed hero attack another hero, just not themselves? 

7 hours ago, Neil Amswych said:

I posted elsewhere but just want to check. What does "no self-harm" mean in this scenario? Can a possessed hero attack another hero, just not themselves? 

Yes, a hero can be forced to attack another hero, but they can't harm themselves (attack themselves, jump off buildings, drown in the ocean, etc.).