Online scenario editor

tet2brick

I apologize. I'd use a different browser but I have the tech skills of a Cimmerian. The only thing I know how to do on a computer is turn it on and complain that it isn't doing what I want it to do. :)

That is why I have a deep appreciation for guys who have the skills. Thank you! @tet2brick 

Edited by drmauric
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, drmauric said:

I apologize. I'd use a different browser but I have the tech skills of a Cimmerian. The only thing I know how to do on a computer is turn it on and complain that it isn't doing what I want it to do. :)

That is why I have a deep appreciation for guys who have the skills. Thank you! @tet2brick 

But you don't have to apologize, I prefer that the editor work on the most used browsers and (sadly? :laugh: ) Edge is one of them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is the scenario builder still being updated? I've just started to get into building some scenarios and noticed things like the hero "Skulthus" should be "Skuthus" in the editor, a lack of a "spellbook" item, no Corinthian Skeleton tile or map tokens (from Mythic Battles Pandora's Box iirc, and the Hoplite map tokens are only grey (the tiles are only red and green). Is it worth posting a list of these minor errors here, somewhere else, or don't bother because they won't be addressed?

Tet2brick recently posted that he will stop his scenario editors in the near future, du to personnal reasons (new job, server fees, and so on).

Edit : 

However, there are several resources available, such as:

Tileset scenario map editor (contains many images):

https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/files/file/5-editeur-de-maps-pour-scénarios/

Someone made english language text files for this editor here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/141971/scenario-editor-english-language-files

Fonts :

https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/files/file/20-polices-decriture-conan/

Editable pdf scenario template :

https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/files/file/23-pdf-éditable-mise-en-page-scénarios/

Editable word and publisher scenario templates :

https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/files/file/33-fichiers-word-et-publisher-pour-scénarios/

Hero board photoshop template (contains all icons, including skills) :

https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/files/file/21-modèle-fiche-héros-hero-board-template/

The same in .xcf, GIMP-friendly :

https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/files/file/32-fiche-héros-éditable-pour-gimp/

Edited by Roolz
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, tet2brick said:

Hi !

In the meantime two things happened :

- Monolith is funding the online editors

- The server is down for technical reasons but will be back soon 🙂

Thank you !

Great news - thank you! Will the scenarios already created still be available as well; I know you had mentioned you were concerned they were lost.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone 🙂
The Conan scenario editor is back online!
All the scenarios could not be recovered, but all was not lost ! Unfortunately the last database backup was not long after the english version was lauched so there's not so much english scenarios left ^^'
The current version is one the last, if anything is missing, be it a character token, a tile, or a feature that you need, tell me and we will correct it as we go
Sorry again for the long wait!
Working on this project with several different backups and files recovered from everywhere was a bit like an archaeological dig, so don't be surprised if you found some quircks
https://www.conan-scenarios.com/index.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Hi, scenario editor looks great. I'm currently trying to put a Overlord vs Overlord scenario together using tiles from the fan made Blood Rage expansion. I've noticed a few issues when doing this:

1 . The editor doesn't allow more than one Overlord board to be displayed/edited. 

2. Tiles from the Blood Rage expansion are missing from the dashboard. 

3. I don't seem able to edit scenario rules once they have been added. I can rearrange the rules but I've tried in both Safari and Firefox and can't edit the rules.  Edit: fixed this problem. The edit box appears at the bottom of all rules so is off screen. 

Thanks for your help with this. 

Edited by Calumma

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the scenario editor. I've been using it to create a campaign and it has worked great! I do have a couple of questions:

1) I noticed someone back in 2017 asked about the Stygia marketplace and half the ship map (Tigress). It was later answered that it would be available, but it doesn't seem to be available now. Any chance of adding this option? In particular, I've created a scenario that uses the Vandal (not the Tigress) but to the same effect.

2) I notice that a number of tiles are missing from the Stygia expansion: eternal guard, scorpion brood mother, etc. I'm using Safari, so I don't know if that's an issue?

Besides these questions, I just wanted to give a word of thanks! It's an excellent tool. Looking forward to using it more in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I also think it's a great tool. Sad that so many scenario's got lost. I recreated my own (Early winter in Corinthia) and just finished another one (Phial of Hurricanes). Would be great if someone can help play test. Still, there is a big issue that many of the river tiles are not there, especially for the expansions. I use several of them and they contain no picture of the unit in the river. Tet2Brick, can you look into this? It's very obvious if you look into the river options and look at the last available tiles.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, Calumma said:

Hi, scenario editor looks great. I'm currently trying to put a Overlord vs Overlord scenario together using tiles from the fan made Blood Rage expansion. I've noticed a few issues when doing this:

1 . The editor doesn't allow more than one Overlord board to be displayed/edited. 

2. Tiles from the Blood Rage expansion are missing from the dashboard. 

3. I don't seem able to edit scenario rules once they have been added. I can rearrange the rules but I've tried in both Safari and Firefox and can't edit the rules.  Edit: fixed this problem. The edit box appears at the bottom of all rules so is off screen. 

Thanks for your help with this. 

On 3/20/2020 at 5:18 PM, Nimothian said:

Thanks for the scenario editor. I've been using it to create a campaign and it has worked great! I do have a couple of questions:

1) I noticed someone back in 2017 asked about the Stygia marketplace and half the ship map (Tigress). It was later answered that it would be available, but it doesn't seem to be available now. Any chance of adding this option? In particular, I've created a scenario that uses the Vandal (not the Tigress) but to the same effect.

2) I notice that a number of tiles are missing from the Stygia expansion: eternal guard, scorpion brood mother, etc. I'm using Safari, so I don't know if that's an issue?

Besides these questions, I just wanted to give a word of thanks! It's an excellent tool. Looking forward to using it more in the future.

On 4/8/2020 at 1:54 PM, springbringer said:

Hi, I also think it's a great tool. Sad that so many scenario's got lost. I recreated my own (Early winter in Corinthia) and just finished another one (Phial of Hurricanes). Would be great if someone can help play test. Still, there is a big issue that many of the river tiles are not there, especially for the expansions. I use several of them and they contain no picture of the unit in the river. Tet2Brick, can you look into this? It's very obvious if you look into the river options and look at the last available tiles.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reports, sorry for the delay, I don't came on the english side of the overlord often enough

(and it seems that I don't get email notifications ^^' )

I'll look into it

Most of it is bugs and adaptations 🙂

Can you give ma link to the bloodrages tiles ? I can't seem to find them ^^'

But about the possibility to put 2 Overlord boards, the first goal was to put back the editor online as before. After that as Monolith now pay me for the updates of the scenario editors, I'll have to ask them if that's okay that I take some time to work on it 🙂 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...