Jump to content
Matt John S

Community Generated Campaign

Recommended Posts

@Matt John S - I have the Outer Dark Demon in mine, would you prefer he debut in yours? I think of that one as kind of just a generic demon that is not really a singular entity anyway and needed another large foe in mine since everything else is scorpions and traps/sorcery.

 

Also planning to get mine tested tomorrow; my free time last week failed to materialize after all.

Edited by Primeval

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After spending the better part of Saturday on this, I decided having a hero played by the Overlord makes the game swingy. To avoid a Yogah vs. Conan grudge match, I tied Yogah's activations to event cards. I also added Mind Control as an acquirable spell, so Hadrathus can assist Conan even before he reaches the fort. I spent almost all of Sunday play-testing and revising this scenario, but I think I need a fresh set of eyes on this one. Take a look and let me know what you think. 

 

Notes:

1. The Overlord has to use a mix of red and blue gems.

2. Bonus gems from previous scenarios will have to use tokens rather than gems.

3. This picture is from the beginning of the day. It changed quite a bit.

 

conan1.thumb.jpg.859f78e11d281bea39e654eb533c5afc.jpg

5b - The Trap.pdf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ken said:

After spending the better part of Saturday on this, I decided having a hero played by the Overlord makes the game swingy. To avoid a Yogah vs. Conan grudge match, I tied Yogah's activations to event cards. I also added Mind Control as an acquirable spell, so Hadrathus can assist Conan even before he reaches the fort. I spent almost all of Sunday play-testing and revising this scenario, but I think I need a fresh set of eyes on this one. Take a look and let me know what you think.

 

@Ken I don't think I will be able to get anything on the table this week, but I did a couple of read throughs and didn't detect anything overtly off. It took me a minute to figure out why Conan wouldn't just rush in and kill Atali... but your title kind of hints at that. Well done.

I think Hadrathus aquiring the Mind Control spell is critical and a great idea.

I like Yogah being able to damage himself. The inner struggle really fits his character.

So without actually playing it through, it seems good to me. (For what that is worth. :) Just offering that fresh set of eyes you asked for)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Neil AmswychI think them having to take out the Dark Demon is an important part of their strategy; they leave him alive at their peril. I'd be trying to take him out ASAP. Players should be looking for those kinds of issues when they read the scenario objective. Besides, it's more Conan like to fighter the bastard, no? I actually removed the Dark Demon from mine because the blocker aspect dictated too much of the flow of the gameplay. But it sounds like it might work well with yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Primeval, you just use him where you want, man. It won't impact me. I think we just need to imagine that Thoth can control demons and leave it at that, haha. I feel like it's best we use whatever elements work well for gameplay and fun factor. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt John S said:

I think we just need to imagine that Thoth can control demons and leave it at that, haha. I feel like it's best we use whatever elements work well for gameplay and fun factor. 

 

Agreed. For gameplay reasons,  I use the Dark Demon in 5b and the Outer Dark Demon in 5a.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt John S said:

@Neil AmswychI think them having to take out the Dark Demon is an important part of their strategy; they leave him alive at their peril. I'd be trying to take him out ASAP. Players should be looking for those kinds of issues when they read the scenario objective. Besides, it's more Conan like to fighter the bastard, no? I actually removed the Dark Demon from mine because the blocker aspect dictated too much of the flow of the gameplay. But it sounds like it might work well with yours. 

 

The issue with v1 was that they faced the Dark Demon after only having taken a couple of wounds in the whole group. Too easy.

I was hoping for them to not try to take him out and keep him terrifying. It seems that with Teleport, Yogah and Ikhmet take out the Javelin Throwers and get the medallion turn 1. That costs the OL a tile and two gems. So they think the game is theirs but now I’m trying to find the balance to slow them down in the city. Foo Dogs are great, by the way. Once the DD appears on the board, they should be wounded enough to think twice before fighting it. I’d rather this were a daring escape rather than hack and slash. Or, rather hack and slash through the town in order to make a daring escape.

Edited by Neil Amswych
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The change in Untouchable from "When this character defends against a Ranged Attack, their armor value is increased by 1 for that defense" to "A character with this skill ignores the first rolled symbol when defending against a Ranged Attack" makes Shentu the MVP in a scenario featuring two units of Crossbowmen. Hmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Neil Amswych said:

The change in Untouchable from "When this character defends against a Ranged Attack, their armor value is increased by 1 for that defense" to "A character with this skill ignores the first rolled symbol when defending against a Ranged Attack" makes Shentu the MVP in a scenario featuring two units of Crossbowmen. Hmm.

Isn’t the result the same? It’s just a different way to express the same thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Footballzs said:

Isn’t the result the same? It’s just a different way to express the same thing.

 

OH! I thought it meant that if you roll a 3 symbol, that's ignored! Glad I checked!

 

Sometimes I feel like I speak a different language to everyone else....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Neil Amswych said:

 

OH! I thought it meant that if you roll a 3 symbol, that's ignored! Glad I checked!

 

Sometimes I feel like I speak a different language to everyone else....

Well, to be fare I do speak Australian.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 3:17 PM, Neil Amswych said:

Or, rather hack and slash through the town in order to make a daring escape.

 

Actually, this should be “hack and slash through the town after the smash and grab in order to make a daring escape.”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2018 at 5:17 PM, Ken said:

After spending the better part of Saturday on this, I decided having a hero played by the Overlord makes the game swingy. To avoid a Yogah vs. Conan grudge match, I tied Yogah's activations to event cards. I also added Mind Control as an acquirable spell, so Hadrathus can assist Conan even before he reaches the fort. I spent almost all of Sunday play-testing and revising this scenario, but I think I need a fresh set of eyes on this one. Take a look and let me know what you think. 

 

Notes:

1. The Overlord has to use a mix of red and blue gems.

2. Bonus gems from previous scenarios will have to use tokens rather than gems.

3. This picture is from the beginning of the day. It changed quite a bit.

 

conan1.thumb.jpg.859f78e11d281bea39e654eb533c5afc.jpg

5b - The Trap.pdf

I started playing this one to help test it. One question. There is no mention of how many movement it points it costs to go from one level to the next. Logically it should cost at least 2; one to enter and one to exit. But it could also be 3, one to enter one to travel the stairwell and one to exit. What did you have in mind when creating the scenario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Footballzs said:

I started playing this one to help test it. One question. There is no mention of how many movement it points it costs to go from one level to the next. Logically it should cost at least 2; one to enter and one to exit. But it could also be 3, one to enter one to travel the stairwell and one to exit. What did you have in mind when creating the scenario?

 

Thanks for play-testing! I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

 

As for the stairways, I am concerned about how many rounds the heroes must travel to reach Conan, so I originally planned on 1. But now that you bring it up, 2 makes more sense logically, and I have balanced the upper level enough that it isn't as much of a race as previous versions. How have you been play-testing? With 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ken said:

 

Thanks for play-testing! I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

 

As for the stairways, I am concerned about how many rounds the heroes must travel to reach Conan, so I originally planned on 1. But now that you bring it up, 2 makes more sense logically, and I have balanced the upper level enough that it isn't as much of a race as previous versions. How have you been play-testing? With 2?

No, just solo unfortunately. 

 

If it was just 1 then Ikhmet can make it the second level in one turn. If it’s 2 or more he can’t and that can make a big difference because the Dark Demon won’t have time to block him he gets out first turn.

 

Also Conan killed Atali in one turn. Was that your plan? It does make Conan use gems and does delay him for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Footballzs said:

Also Conan killed Atali in one turn. Was that your plan? It does make Conan use gems and does delay him for a bit.

 

My initial tests had Conan dying too quickly if Atali survived, or if Conan used too many gems to killher and then get stuck in the courtyard.

Now that I tied Yogah to the river instead of a full activation each turn, I might need to revisit that. 

 

11 minutes ago, Footballzs said:

If it was just 1 then Ikhmet can make it the second level in one turn. If it’s 2 or more he can’t and that can make a big difference because the Dark Demon won’t have time to block him he gets out first turn.

 

This would result in splitting the party. I am curious to see how this plays out before deciding if it is broken or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my first time playing this scenario so not sure if my tactic is the best. I’ll let you know when I finish.

 

The scenario requires a lot of thought. It took me awhile to think things through before I started. That’s a good thing by the way.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went to load up my scenario to play test it again and I'm getting a Not Found message. Gah! Hope it's temporary. I can't remember my exact details so the test won't be totally accurate. Grrr. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matt John S said:

Just went to load up my scenario to play test it again and I'm getting a Not Found message. Gah! Hope it's temporary. I can't remember my exact details so the test won't be totally accurate. Grrr. 

Luckily got mine printed out before the site had issues, so will try to get some more testing in soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matt John S said:

Just went to load up my scenario to play test it again and I'm getting a Not Found message. Gah! Hope it's temporary. I can't remember my exact details so the test won't be totally accurate. Grrr. 

 

The site is under maintenance, somme funny guy try to hack ut, so I have to secure the code a bit more ^^'

 

sorry for the inconvenience it will be back soon. 

And there was no data loss, so your scenarios are still there :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2018 at 7:47 PM, Primeval said:

Luckily got mine printed out before the site had issues, so will try to get some more testing in soon.

Yeah I always save each version to pdf. I find that a super helpful function.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our website uses cookies to guarantee you the best navigation. By continuing your visit, you confirm that you accept these cookies. Our Cookie Policy has other terms. Privacy Policy